Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Polaris RXL 650 triple. Not sure of the name of the bolts but they are the adjuster bolts at the rear of the rear suspension. One on each side, they push the rear axle back or allow them to come forward to adjust the track tightness. Anyway, they are seized bigtime. I have tried heat, WD-40, and yelling at them but the bolts barely move. I can get them moving but they seem to be turning inside the small aluminum bracket they go into. I was thinking of drilling out the rivets on the aluminum piece they go into to get them out on a bench in a vice and try to get some vice grips on them with major heat. If I do this, can I just bolt the little aluminum brackets back in? Or does anyone have any better ideas as to get these bolts out?

Thanks

Sherriff

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Geeze...usually yelling a cussing does it for me.
WD-sh**ty is not very good at seized nuts.
Go buy some penetrating fuild like "Bolt-out" and don't spare it when putting it on.
I'd try that before drilling holes in your slide truck.
Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Two liitle magic letters: P B penetrating magic bolt out stuff. This shit is amazing.

Put anti sieze on them when you put the new ones in.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
PB Blaster is what I use. I think thats what rmbbikes is talking about and it is great stuff.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ummmmm, hate to state the obvious, but did you loosen the bolt that runs thru the axle?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Originally posted by Sherriff
[br] I can get them moving but they seem to be turning inside the small aluminum bracket they go into.
Do you think they might be stripped?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Originally posted by Junior
[br]ummmmm, hate to state the obvious, but did you loosen the bolt that runs thru the axle?

Yep I forgot that the first time too!

·
Registered
227 Posts
And after you tried all of the above, NEVER underestimate the power of HEAT!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Heat?? I trust you...also try cold, LOTS OF IT!! Dry ice, freeze the hell outta it and wrench away...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did take the bolt out of the axle. I am almost positive that the bolts are just spinning inside. Stripped.

Thanks

Sherriff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts