Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all want to lift my 900 95 t-Cat for more tunnel clearance but never done it before so if any one has done it and has walk through please get back to me was told by raising it it will handle better in deep snow thank to all in advance.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
It will make sled handling worse. You can lift it with drop brackets which are incredibly easy to install. Lots of people here will have pictures. But there aren't really any advantages of them, better to leave it stock unless you think it looks better?

·
Registered
140 Posts
agreed. some older cats have holes that are lower on the stock brackets but moving to those holes changes your suspension geometry

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The Best thing you can do is update to a 98 or newer TSL skid.
Full instruction's are available here http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32042

Putting your stock skid in drop bracket's will only change the geometry of the suspension, the travel still stay's the same.
The TSL skid's have 13 1/2" of travel, which is considerably more than the 8"-9" of your stock skid.

Rick

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Festus33 said:
The Best thing you can do is update to a 98 or newer TSL skid.
Full instruction's are available here http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32042

Putting your stock skid in drop bracket's will only change the geometry of the suspension, the travel still stay's the same.
The TSL skid's have 13 1/2" of travel, which is considerably more than the 8"-9" of your stock skid.

Rick just a quick thought? if lowering the back with drop brackets can one use them for the front and how much distence will you get from the heat exchanger

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Rear suspension brackets made mine ride better in deeper snow. It can dig deeper before it gets hung up. You gotta drop all of the 4 bolts in the rear. But the back 2 bolts are the ones to hang under the tunnel. Check to see if you have them stock a lot of older sleds did.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2010115123281_26941.jpg
MuscleD said:
Rear suspension brackets made mine ride better in deeper snow. It can dig deeper before it gets hung up. You gotta drop all of the 4 bolts in the rear. But the back 2 bolts are the ones to hang under the tunnel. Check to see if you have them stock a lot of older sleds did.
hi there the orignal holes on the front have plugs that come out right under the the orignal holes and on the back theres a plate under the running board as seen in pix that has holes in it as well so can it be lowered to the bottom holes front and back with out having any problems thanks 20101151118468_26941.jpg
2010115111978_26941.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts