Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the DNR handle replacement registration decals? My decals are good through '08. But I am in the process of swapping on a new hood. I am doubtful I will be able to remove my stickers from the old hood in one piece, let alone get them to stick to the new hood. Will they charge me full registration fees for the replacements?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I beleive they would/should issue you a new set for less than half price.

If you heat them up you should be able to remove them in 1 peice. Just take it slow.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
found this at dnr site:

Duplicate Certificate or Decals
If a certificate or registration decal is lost or destroyed, the owner may apply for a duplicate on the Snowmobile Registration Application (Form 9400-210). Upon receipt of a proper application and the required fee of $5.00 each, the Department shall issue a duplicate certificate or registration decal to the owner.

If you have any questions regarding registrations, please contact our:

Registration Section

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
If you carefully remove the dacals they will work fine on a new hood. I have transferred decals 3 times, and they have been fine. I have also removed out dated stickers from years ago, and they could have been used again as well...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xcr440, thanks the DNR quote. I actually found it too, just before coming back here. That's what I get for not researching before posting. [:D]

I will try what you and Sleds-650 said, about trying to reuse the current decals. If it doesn't work, all I am out is $5.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have another question that relates to the Wiscosin DNR snowmobile registration. If I bought a used sled from somebody and I need to get it registered for this year, do I have to re-register or can I just renew my sled's registration with my name?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You need a transfer and renewal.... Which I beleive is $35.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts