Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body seen and pics or heard any thing on 2008 yammi sleds if you have please tell me

·
Registered
161 Posts
nope not yet
i'd wait till about june
or ask if you know someone who works for yamaha

·
Registered
137 Posts
i work for a yamaha/skidoo dealer ship and i havent heard anything yet about a 2008 yamaha other than they are gunna make a 1000 cc phazer.. in march skidoo is releasing their new chassis but i have already seen pictures of it on this site . yamaha is pretty quiet about their new stuf right up until they publily release it

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
that 1000 phazer i heard it was 2 450 4 wheeler motors bolted together. i think one might follow me home.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dads a dealer and i think they will come out w/ a 900cc phazer
i also think they should put EFI in the 3 Cylinders and make rider foward an option of the 3 cylinders also. I also heard someone say a really light high HP ditch baning sled w/ a trick suspension

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
well a freind of mineis good freinds with randy swenson who is a yamaha rep and rides all teh sleds before they come out and he says its gonna be 900 phazer and i would believe him since he was riding an apex a year befoer anybody here probably knew about it

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we should now on them about 4 weeks feb 25-26 they unviel them. Im going w/ my father it gonna be sweet i take pics and post them asap.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Originally posted by deforagerider3
[br]we should now on them about 4 weeks feb 25-26 they unviel them. Im going w/ my father it gonna be sweet i take pics and post them asap.
good work on the pics to come. be sure to get suspension, motor, and full sled pics. be sure to postem'

thanks alot ahead a time.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
take lots of pics

·
Registered
344 Posts
i heard they were goin to put the nytro motor on the phazer and go fuel injected..... but the dealer only finds out in september a day before its released on the yamaha.com website

·
Registered
53 Posts
My predictions are as follows:

Apex line up will have bold new graphics with the addition of an Attack RTX.

The vector and nytro will be gone. The will be replaced by a sled that is extremely similar to Robbie Malinowski's snocross sled. It will be a FI version of the 3 holer and will be about 30 lbs lighter than the vector based version's. The motor will be called the FX130. The sleds will be called fxnytro. There will be one called the fx racer which will compete directly with the skidoo XR-S sleds. The mountain version will be called the M-tx and the rage version will be called the L-tx and the vector will be called the FX-1.

The Phazer will be have Bold new graphics and many adjustments to make it better. Closed tunnel, tighter front end bolts etc.

That is my prediction lets see how it play's out![8D]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Originally posted by vtfreestyler
[br]My predictions are as follows:

Apex line up will have bold new graphics with the addition of an Attack RTX.

The vector and nytro will be gone. The will be replaced by a sled that is extremely similar to Robbie Malinowski's snocross sled. It will be a FI version of the 3 holer and will be about 30 lbs lighter than the vector based version's. The motor will be called the FX130. The sleds will be called fxnytro. There will be one called the fx racer which will compete directly with the skidoo XR-S sleds. The mountain version will be called the M-tx and the rage version will be called the L-tx and the vector will be called the FX-1.

The Phazer will be have Bold new graphics and many adjustments to make it better. Closed tunnel, tighter front end bolts etc.

That is my prediction lets see how it play's out![8D]
very good predictions, i like them, awsome ideas. we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Next weekend boys, next weekend....Octane is going and WILL take pics.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yeah, I'll take pics if the '08s are there. If they arent at Cruiserfest, Im also going to the Eagle River Nationals, and Id bet they will be there for sure.
Here is my personal opinion on what will be new for '08. I think you will see the Vector in the Deltabox 2 chassis with EFI. No way will they kill the Vector, its one of Yamaha's strongest sellers because its such a great trail sled. Not everyone is a Joe Snocross, and are not interested in a stand-up style sled.
I think you will see the 977cc triple in the FX chassis (most likely also with EFI).
I dont think you will see Yamaha designed an engine based off of 2 450s, too much vibration. They could use the 977cc triple because its a proven, reliable, powerfull and fuel-efficient engine.
Thats just wild speculation on my part, so you can take it for what its worth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alright boys, Sunday night the 25th at 7 pm the website should be changed, I know I'm going to be waitin' for that clock to turn. I'm thinking either way, I'll probably get a new sled again next year!

www.yamaha-motor.com

·
Registered
111 Posts
What do you wanna bet yammi has made there snocross sled into a trail version. Theres one pic on there site and it just shows a little of the front end i bet thats the new sled

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with my dealer to a Factory Demo ride with some '07 models last friday and he was telling us that we will see a sled similar to the Apex, less weight, about the same power. (Lots of help I know.)
Anyway, he said to expect something that is kind of a mix between the phazer and the Apex. I told him I didn't like the 'no hood' look of the phazer and he said there would be 'more of a hood than the phazer and less of a hood than the apex'.

Sunday at 7pm EASTERN Time, 5pm for us in Mountain Time zone, www.yamaha-motor.com

I'm excited to see what comes out. Drop a few pounds from my Apex and keep the power, it'll make it seem like I gained HP because of the power to weight ratio.

only 2 more days...
Branden

1 - 19 of 19 Posts