Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am looking for some advice to make my 800 faster. Any prooven setups that you might want to share??? Any tunning tips. Especially info on the VES and TPS would be very helpfull. I have an extremely fast 96 Ultra if any one wants some tips.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
What year is your sled? I have raced a few XCR800s and not been impressed. Mainly stock but the one guy fiddles around and he is a mechanic so he isn't an idiot. I am sure we can help you out though.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
hey hotrod, havent heard from you in a while. i still have the xcr, for the 1000' speed runs not drag racing, i have done pretty good with the stock primary and shallow helixs with soft secondary springs and 62-64 grams, and a 192 picks, this year i am going to add a speed track gear up one notch and shave the heads down, basically fallow the isr rules for stock class, i have talked to other people who say 114-115 should be easy to get in the 1000,

where do you need the performance, the slp and htg 180 kits really do make 180 hp and are untouchable by anything if clutched good,

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi madcow thanks for the tips. I was looking in the HTG book and they were mentioning a shim kit that is good for 8 horse. I was assuming that this kit was to go in between the crank case and the cylinders. This would also increase combustion chamber space not decrease as you are thinking of doing. I will have to look into it further because Im not sure. Have you found any good XCR information sites on the net. Also do you or any of your freinds have a service manual. I had an aquaintence that got 123mph on a bone stock XCR. Im just not sure of the distance.... but im pretty sure it was 1000. I was there when he got it but wasnt paying attention. I dont seem to have much upper midrange on up. What mph are you getting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HTG Kit does work well,Shims up cylinder,Heads are set into cylinder bore,compression remains about the same(different pocket area), makes good power with pipes exit into stock silencer..Needs heel clicker weights to finish job..good luck

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rusty I have a couple questions for you. Is the shim kit a bolt on. It sounds like if heads are sunk into the bores it will require machining. I have a set of heel clickers and they work well in the bottom end. Except ive ripped the front motor mount a few times since installing them. Did you set yours up as recommended in the kit or did you find a better combo. Have you played with the tps setting or ves springs. I guess thats all for now. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the shim kit raises the jugs .040" you can then bring your heads down about 45-49 thousanths.
there was a guy on another site with the slp 180 kit and with long track and reverse he was getting mid 120's in quarter mile on grass,
a local guy put an xcr engine with a 180 kit in a rmk 700 chasis and has broken two jack shafts.
when i get paid for chopping from the nieghbor i am going to get my slp kit and later this winter will let you know how that goes.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts