Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's from Nunavut out there? 4 more days before we have our annual polar bear tag draw. I've only got a tag once. I've been so unlucky, I used to get excited, not anymore.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Inuk, I'm not from Nunavut but I'm curious to know what the polar bear tag draw is all about. Aren't polar bears on the endangered species list now?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't know how many tags they give out but good luck.
My brother in law once got drawn for both Musk ox & Big brown bear on Nunavak & Umimak islands in one year. Once draw per person per lifetime for each hunt. He's a lucky Ba$tard. Did real well on both hunts.
Hope you get your tag.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20 Polar bear tags are drawn for my community once a year. In the past, you could hunt polar bears anytime, but it's now controlled. If a bear is caught off-season, a tag is taken from the 20. Once in awhile, a bear has to be put down off-season, sometimes they are dangerous, especially when they are hungery.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmmm thanks Inuk...I didn't know that they were still hunted. I hope you get a tag that would be an awesome animal to hunt.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polar bear draws over with. No tag again for me this year. Hopefully, nobody with the tags will get a bear, and another set of names for the draw will happen in a couple weeks. Wish me luck

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luvsnow..,we got alot of snow...but it's the type where you sink into the snow, so I hear most hunters are goin' out with their ATV's. I've tried out my Polaris over the weekend, bumped into everything under the snow...rocks, etc. I've got pics, but I need to find a computer with the right program to download them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts