Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a set of these and how they like them...I am seriously considering ordering a set...they look like they'd work great on my Gen2 too narrow running boards.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/sledtreds.cfm?prd=snow&Type=polaris

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
If I get a different sled this winter, that is the only thing I would add other than studs and a riser, but I have never personally used them.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I've read a few articles that say they are a good addition to narrow boards. They are popular with the Firecat and Rev crowds.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey BW.
Do you know if any dealers carry those here in Canada, or should I order them from Hot Seat?

Thanks for the replies BW and Offshore24

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I would just order them from Hot Seat. At least that is what I would do cause I would also get a bar riser too at the same time.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Did you end up picking a set up?
I have a bent edge on my board and looking to cover them. also a gen II

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I just got done putting a set on my XC sp, I am very impressed with how they feel and look. There is no way in this world that my boot is slipping off these things. Let me know if you order a set I can give you a little tip for install.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never did order them.

I emailed Royal Distributing to see if they ever planned on carrying them, and they loved them. Royal tried to contact Rox about importing to CA, but they had page errors all over their site, but Royal is looking into it.

I may order them next month... but what's the install tip Darkstar?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Ouch! They are pretty expensive:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=65636

Think I will get a set of these:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=38463

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Although they are expensive ACEXLT they are worth it. I have a set of the cheaper ones on my XLT. They work, but are not nearly as robust as the ROX. I thought the same thing last year, the rox are too expensive. After putting them on I see why.

The tip is kind of hard to explain if you arent actually working on it. Actually after thinking about what tunnel you will be putting yours on I dont think you will have the problems i had. I had to undo the snow skirts, unrivet the stock tunnel grip and slide it off the back. There was a support in the way that partially had to be unriveted (this is the tip, just take out the two rivets in the edge of the support and lift up on the support to get enough clearance to slide the stock grip under it). Your tunnel goes straight back and there is no support in your way. I think yours would pop right on. Anyway if you do get them and have any problems let me know.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I hear ya Darkstar. I have the rubber Mega grips on my Triumph now and like them. I am looking for something for the XLT and the ones I posted on the link are even cheaper than the Mega grips. Leaves some extra cash for some colored ski loops and other colored accesories for the Triumph.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Darkstar.
I can see the Edge chassis' extra stuff on the rear of the boards making it tricky.
Your right...my Gen2 doesn't have all that..all the more reason to get Sledtreads too.
Acexlt...they are more, but you really do get what you pay for.
This XC will be under my butt for many more seasons, so I don't mind spending a little on her, especially now that she's paid for.

·
Registered
637 Posts
5oofas,

If you ever find a Canadian dist. for these let me know.. I can't justify it after what the duty and brokerage will do to the price..

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
They are sold through Polaris as well.. I dont know if that helps the import into Canada or not. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just saw this phone number on the Rox site for Canadian orders....I don't know why I didn't see it before.
1-403-758-6600
It's called DCI, and must be in Alberta somewhere.
Their answering machine picked up when I called just now, I'll again later.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
If anybody sees this in time its a great deal!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23834&item=3631094567

·
Registered
864 Posts
I called Dci earlier in the week. They only carry the risers, one week turnaround for the sledtreds. Have the notes at work I think it $270 cdn +gst
Damn missed ebay.. $52 us was the winning bid.
Polaris sells the same deal? dealer part number?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Here is the part number for the online polaris store. Item #: 2900194 This is the number my dealer used to order them for me with my sled. They dont say ROX but they certainly are. I am not sure where i read it but, i read an article that Polaris would be selling the ROX. The only thing you cant order is the extra extension.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thanks Darkstar,
Just called the local dealer, they are looking for GenII and pricing. online shows Edge only..

http://www.purepolaris.com/Detail.aspx?txtSearch=2900194&optSearch=-1&ItemID=2900194(PolarisPGACatalog)

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep you are correct I forgot about that. I am sure they can order the other ones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts