Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ... i found out i might be moving to gillete wyoming in january due to getting laid off ... i was wondering if anybody lived out that way cause i wanna know if its worth bringing the sled or not?!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
welcome aboard. Im a Gillette resident. have you heard the cccs song. Campbell County Cock Suckers. lol

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
might want to long track that 600 or sell it before you come. short tracks arnt worth much out here.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was thinkin about just buyin another one out there ad keepin this one for the gf when i come back ... i work for Burlington northern and me and about 10 other ppl will be transfering to the one out there for a few months .. till prolly end of march ... is it pretty good riding out there? trails open?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
trails never close. but off trail riding obened oct 15th.

heres a few pics from the 1st of the month.

[attachment=52008]

[attachment=51288]

[attachment=51586]

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn ... well it looks like we'll be buyin new sleds when we come out lol ... tell ya what any info u can give me about gillette would be nice cause we have no idea what to expect when we come out ... thanks for talkin ... prolly catcha tomm wy rider!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
you planning on living in an apartment? cause its gunna be real hard to find a house. living expenses are high here too. but better pay. big methane and coal boom here, so lots of jobs but no houses. not sure what else you might want to know about. I do know a few people that work for BN. Neil Kubbera, Merle Ruppert.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]you planning on living in an apartment? cause its gunna be real hard to find a house. living expenses are high here too. but better pay. big methane and coal boom here, so lots of jobs but no houses. not sure what else you might want to know about. I do know a few people that work for BN. Neil Kubbera, Merle Ruppert.
Yeah I have cousins that live in Wright WY. Aunts and Uncles in Upton. Housing has always been a huge issue out there. Never seem to be enough especially when oil and gas are hot. Yeah uncles told me they are drilling hundreds of wells to pull gas off the coal seams. Worked the Williston Basin and overthrust down near Evanston after college no figg'in housing then either![8D]

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
^^^^ whats there names?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm hoping we can just stay in the hotel so we won't have to worry too much about living out their ... i have to call and arange it tho .... what's the elevaitn out there ... im from wisc so i'm pretty sure mines jetted for 0 -2000 ... do i need to rejet for out there wy rider?

·
Registered
131 Posts
im from laramie wyoming, oh and wyo rider, got 3 ft fresh pow pow in the snowies, i need ya up here to help me rip it up..lol

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Laramie is about 5 hours south of Gillette. Gillette sits about 4000 ft in elevation. But the mts that are 50 miles west are about 8000 feet.

Sledme2 Man I wish I was there right now.I have been watching that storm you guys are getting. Its totally gunna miss the horns. [:(] looks like another foot and more is on the way too. If I didnt have a snowmobile trip planned already I would get ahold of you and go down there. tare it up for me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i live it gillette lots of out door activitys. cuz theres nothing to do indoors lol( just got a super walmart yeah. me and wy-rider ride toghether, thats my cat in the pics more of a smaller town feel but its getting bigger whitch im not a fan of , cuz im not a big fan of people, lots of things to do 30 minutes to the nearest decent lake, 1 hour to the mountains another 30-60 minutes to mountain lakes and ski hills , no shopping if the wife or girlfriend likes to do that, rapid city, sd or casper wyoming for that, ummmmm 75 deggrees 1 minute and 2 foot of snow that evening lol, if you dont like the weather wait a minute itll change. thats all i want to type for now, welcome to wyoming

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha ... thanks for the info guys .... i almost hope i do get layed off so i can come out there now .... now i just have to decide do i want to extend my 121 and have it rejetted or buy an rmk

·
Registered
199 Posts
id bye a rmk 700 or bigger lots of clinbing out here and you need the horse to pull you up just my oppinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts