Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a gold colored lamp. I love that for night rides. IMHO having ridden with Xenon, regular and gold, I think the gold has the best definition for close in front trail riding. Long wide opens I'd go for that xenon though.

-------------------------------------------
Shhhhhhh...... Someone's coming

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I don't know too much about headlights, but I do know that I want one of them lights that appears to be blue. They are intense.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? If you do, do you know if I can get one? If so, how much $?

Thanks.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.royaldistibuting.com page 70 in their online catalog. Its a xenon standard H4 bulb and goes for 17.95 cdn. I think thats what... 5 bucks american?
they also have a blue bulb, but it doesn't throw the light too well.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I like my lights bright white at night.I see they make removable colored lenses that look pretty cool.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I couldn't log on there I'll try later again.
sounds interesting like little doodads to make my sled a little unique.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bman:

www.royaldistibuting.com page 70 in their online catalog. Its a xenon standard H4 bulb and goes for 17.95 cdn. I think thats what... 5 bucks american?
they also have a blue bulb, but it doesn't throw the light too well.

[/quote]
Uhhhhh bad link. Try this.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/

Edited by - bman on October 30 2001 4:12:50 PM

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha!! This is hilarious. Dennis Kirk in the states.

www.denniskirk.com

Part number 22196 same stupid bulb as I mentioned at royal in Canada is going for 18.99 US
that's 28.50 cdn!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Check this out. Wow, lots of options for head lights.

http://www.bluhmenterprises.com/britlite.htm

·
Registered
529 Posts
MegaMan thanks for the link I have been looking for a place to order the two smaller bulbs on 500 XC SP for a while now and they have them. Thanks agian.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
So Xenon blubs are those awesome intense blue bulbs?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Yeah, i believe so. It's a HID (high intensity discharge) Xenon like the new Audi and BMW vehicles use. Bright and blue. If i'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
155 Posts
they got some sweet ass set-ups for the three bulb hedlight system on bluhmenterprises.com. a bright blue center(brights) with yellow outsides(dims) would be pretty sweet.

Yee Haw!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, from a bit of experience on the import automotive front, the blue light you are probably refering to is HID, which functions as a complex system, with a control source box, and other hardware... not just a bulb. Systems like this run over $500 in new cars, and can be retrofitted to some older cars for a hefty fee. Xenon bulbs have a bluish tint to them, and ae often refered to on the aftermarket as hyperwhite bulbs. While these bulbs produce a nice blue light, but the coating that creates the blue glow also drops the light output. On a sled, I'd think that the best lighting would be bright and efficient, which would be a halogen bulb. Xenon needs more power for less light, and HID would be far to complex and heavy for most sleds.

95 XLT Special
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bman:

I've got a gold colored lamp. I love that for night rides. IMHO having ridden with Xenon, regular and gold, I think the gold has the best definition for close in front trail riding. Long wide opens I'd go for that xenon though.

I think.... therefore I sled[/quote]

Niceorange.

According to this statement though, Bman has said that Xenon has made his visibility better for open trail riding. Plus the Xenon's bluish tint looks cool.

·
Registered
155 Posts
hey niceorange-what are the "bluelight" bulbs that i can buy for my car at my local napa store for $15? they claim to be brighter than stock headlights and all there is is a bulb that goes right where the old one came out of.

Yee Haw!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was kind of hopeing that not only would a color look cool, but that it may take some of the glare out of the night ride. How about the shadows? I would still be interested in trying something different.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all, the xenon bulb I'm referring to is definitely not the HID that are coming to new vehichles. As niceorange put it, they require a different electical input than a regular H4. they are also far more expensive. The xenon is just a hint of blue to make them LOOK like those HIDs but they definitely light up the trail. I just prefer the gold as I ride tight trail mostly and my brother's XLT has the xenon in his.

PM they seems to be just as bright as a standard H4 if not greater definition too but I was comparing it to the gold. They do make a 'blue' bulb too but that one is really tinted and does drop the light output significantly. Looks great though.

Hmmmm I wonder if you can get nightvision glasses to work and not use a bulb at all? LOL

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

Edited by - bman on October 31 2001 3:34:04 PM

1 - 20 of 29 Posts