Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Polaris 440 sport(fan cooled)that I'm putting a XC700 motor in for drag racing on the local lake on the weekends and was thinking of using meth to avoid using heat exchangers. I also want to use N2O and was wondering if anyone has any experiance or can steer me in the right direction for info. I've searched google and message boards with no luck.
Also, has anyone tried to fit this motor into this chassis?? The mounts are different than my 98 XC. I have a 99 bulkhead I was thinking about grafting on to have the rolled chaincase for stud clearance, but that would be quite a bit of work. Any opinions??

·
Registered
510 Posts
methanol is great stuff but it doesnt make a great cold weather fuel. as you know methanol has a huge cooling effect on its own but with cold air temperatures ist a pain. you would have to start the sled on gasoline and switch it over to meth as meth is hard starting in the cold. plus you wont build any heat in the motor and could get cold seizure problems. your pipes would also need to be redesigned to trap more heat and probably need to be shorter to achive the same tuned length. plus you need to run your motor and purge you whole fuel system on gasoline after each day of racing or the meth will corrode your fuel system internals and rust the inside of your motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts