Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I may finally be able to put some miles on the sled. I'm going up to Old Forge on Thursday and will return Monday.

Anyone else going?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
hahaha good luck! everyone and thier brother/sister/mother/father will be there...if all goes right ill be staying home, riding [:)]..also, rain on friday...FYI

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know. I was supposed to go up Friday morning, but I took off work on Thursday and I am heading up tomorrow after work to beat the crowds. I just wanna go ride and as unpredictable as the weather has been, who knows if the snow will be there in a couple weeks...or a couple days.

I saw the chance of rain on Friday but there is also a chance of snow. I am hoping that everyone else will see the chance of rain and stay home. The less people that go the better my riding will be.

Oh yeah...GO EAGLES!!!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
it will probley melt saturday or something. not to be negitive but i guess it is suppose to rain and warm up then they are calling for snwo monday lake effect i guess.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah my buddy has that negative forecast...where are you guys getting it from. The forcast I look at which is taken at the Old Forge information center says it is supposed to be below freezing every day but Friday. Also there is a 30%-40% chance for snow every day but Thursday. Here's the link:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/Old_Forge.html?bannertypeclick=gizmotimetemp

I realy like this site. They had this 16" of lake effect snow nailed down yesteday morning...way before the other weather site even made mention of it.

Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cold with highs in the lower 20s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 20s. Southwest winds around 5 mph...becoming south 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Not as cool with lows around 20. South winds 15 to 20 mph.

Friday
Cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning...then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Friday Night through Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Lows 15 to 20. Highs in the lower 30s.

Sunday Night and Martin Luther King Jr Day
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Lows around 20. Highs in the mid 20s

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I am hoping to get hauled up on Friday with doog and go riding. I hope to hit it in the morning before the masses descend upon it[:D][:D]
I hope that doog's dad will ditch work or I will be SOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts