Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just checkin to see who else has one on the site, and how they like it? I'm about 150pnds, 16yrs old and i kick everyone's ass on the trails and almost on the lake. But I was wondering what the best mods to do are? It is all stock, I am going to have a clutch kit put in but what else? Looking for low end pretty much, but i dont have the money to do a full set of pipes.. What about a decent silencer? I have about $300 to get started.. thanx everyone and wish for SNOW!

Ben
Worcester MA

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi there, my friend had an HO. I must say the power off the line was definately ythe best part about it, other than that the slead itself held up quite well, but then again most of the 95-2000 ski-doo frames were pretty tough. I recall him mentioning that the gas-milage was far better than you would normally expect from an older ski-doo twin(dispite the 44 carbs...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Leave the clutch stock its great for the factory just make sure it is clean and adjstued propoerly and maybe gear down one tooth on top. leave the exhaust alone unless you get some nice twin pipes for it, and that means no can they sound great stock and you will loose hp with a can on that sled.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have a 670HO Summit and it'll run with the 800s with the stock setup. I'm thinking about getting rid of it just because I want to go with a longer track. The only thing that I can think of with those motors is that the PTO side crank bearing will occasionally go because of all the torque. I had 1300 miles on my sled when the bearing decided to go. It isn't too bad of a fix, I believe it cost me about 450 to put the PTO end of the crank on. I think the best mods are gearing and clutching, the piping of the sled is nearly perfect from the factory.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I agree with Kainzamatic - a good clutch setup does make the sled run a bit quicker. Ive seen it happened because a buddy of mine used to have one and had 1 1/4 track. It used to beat alot of us in drag racing. WL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts