Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have $1500 and I really want a rider foreward sled that's 600 HO or bigger. And I know I'm wanting a lot. Are there good sled auctions around? I'm willing to do just about anything from buying wrecked, blown or damaged sleds that I can fix. I'd rather spend a lot of time on a sled and love it then just buy a runing one and be okay with it.

Does anyone know any places that sell just chassis or blown sleds (Skidoo 03 and up etc.) for cheap? I've had my eye on kijiji in Southern Ontario and craigslist in Buffalo for a few months and havn't had much luck. Are there snowmobile wrecking yards in the area of Southern Ontario or Buffalo that I don't know about? I'm open to just about anything at this point.

So I'm bacically just wanting anyone that has anything or any info that they think might me helpfull to me to post.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There are a couple places that are salvage type places.

http://www.crashedtoys.com/

http://www.toysalvage.com/

Only hard part would be picking them up for you.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
right now a mechanics special 03 rev will run you in the mid 2000's.

for 1500 you are looking at the 98-2000 model year depending on condition.
these are minnesota prices.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
madcow said:

My parents will lend me money if I need it but I don't want them to. I found an 01 mxz 700 in buffalo that I might get.

Or an 08 rev that has been half parted out (still has running engine in it). But I don't know if I would be able to get parts for it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
madcow said:

My parents will lend me money if I need it but I don't want them to. I found an 01 mxz 700 in buffalo that I might get.

Or an 08 rev that has been half parted out (still has running engine in it). But I don't know if I would be able to get parts for it.
If its an 08 then its an XP ( assuming its not a 550 ).

In Maine, $1500 will buy you a Rev that needs some work. $2500 will buy you a perfectly running Rev 600 or 800. I just look up "Wrecked ski-doo", "blown ski-doo" etc... on craigslist. In your case its kiji or whatever it is.

·
Registered
863 Posts
ask tdgbigfoot !!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sledcrusher said:
wakeboarderboy said:
madcow said:

If its an 08 then its an XP ( assuming its not a 550 ).

In Maine, $1500 will buy you a Rev that needs some work. $2500 will buy you a perfectly running Rev 600 or 800. I just look up "Wrecked ski-doo", "blown ski-doo" etc... on craigslist. In your case its kiji or whatever it is.
On Kijiji I get 6 results, either people saying the sleds not been wrecked or people wanting wrecked sleds.

Buffalo Craigslist gets no results.

mxz440kid said:
ask tdgbigfoot !!
Probably a good idea.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Talk to people, that's how I found the zl for really cheap. Drive around and look too, you never know what you can find for cheap.

·
Registered
282 Posts
dont forget the sled auction in fergus ontario the first saturday in november, they will likely have a few sleds in that range

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Are there any swap meets in your area? I got my ZL from a swap meet for a low price and runs great for 3 years. Too bad that you're far from Haydays, they have some very good deals there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts