Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 xc 440 with the dial adjust factory installed. Awhile ago, the front right mounting bolt fell out and when i noticed i trailered home and let it sit for a year. Anyhow, now i got the suspension back together (a few bolts broke out when the one fell out. and can't get the holes lined up in the tunnelthe ones on my suspension are too far apart. I'm not really sure why nothing looks bent, or broken,(id get a pic, but my brother has my digi) I was just wondering if anyone has a pic of their xtra 10 I can look at to cpmpare mine too, thanks

Edited by - 97xc440 on 07 Mar 2002 18:17:30

·
Registered
975 Posts
Chevk out www.off-road.com they have some pics of how to install an extra 10 with good pics of the suspension and how to install. If you can't get it let me know either here or private message me and I'll try to send you my copy of it. Welcome to the forum and goodluck. Mark

Edited by - mrpolaris18 on 07 Mar 2002 18:56:17

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, but couldn't seem to find the article, was looking in the snowmobile section, but didn't have any luck. the part that I could most use a picture of, or someone could tell me is where the rear shock connects to the frame(the part of the front most forward) it connects to some what of a long u shaped piece, when I ompress the rear suspension forward, it will line up, but not sure if that "u" shaped piece is supposed to be all the way up (lookingf like a long U), or more downward(looking more like a C) my explanation i'm sure is hard to explain, after all a pictures woth a thousand words:)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
email dan canfield, his address is [email protected], he helped me when i put xtra 10 in my 93 xlt, very knowledgable and very willing to help out fellow riders, also, i will go out and take a pic of my xtra 10 tomorrow and send it to you over pm here, i know when i went to bolt up my skid, i used a come along hoist, this way i could let the sled down to meet the suspension gradually, then i had to muscle the suspension to get it to line up, it may take trying to compress the shock some to get it to line up, or take a round center punch, and get the bolt hole close then stick the punch in to hold one side of the suspension, then try to mount the other side and get the bolt threaded in almost til its tight on the tunnel, then go after the opposite side.

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I couldn't find the article either...

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i was gonna undo the springs, but i've never had to do that when i put it in b4, so was wondering if maybe something was bent.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Any thing is possible with what these poor suspensions go through. I would think that when you had the suspension out and were standing over it checking it out, that anything bent that badly to cause misalignment would have been noticable. I have to release the springs on my XCR and my Ultra to aid in getting the bolts started. Good luck hopefully the pictures will help.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
hotrod is exactly right,,,,,i forgot i had to do that to get the xtra 10 in my sled, it originated in a 96 xcr........good work hotrod, oh and lift that sled in the air to let the springs drop as far as possible, this helps, then place a jackstand or i used a concrete block, and stick this under the track, then let the sled down on the stand or block, this should help you as well.

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help got hit up and going today, i just tipped the sled on its side, slipped the suspension in, bolted it in and redid the springs, and took it out in this nice fresh powder all 4 inches of it:p wasn't much for a base, but was stil fun. it does seem to be a bit boggy though, but it hasn't been ran since last Jan, so that may have something to do with it. Again thanks for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts