Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well was up in shawano county yesterday and the groomer was going and trails are OPEN!! we have a whole weekend planned out for next weekend gonna load up the sleds take em to our camper and hit the trails right from there.(you can ride on the roads to the trail in Tilleda Falls Wi.) that last storm we had they got over a foot of snow and the sad thing is thats an hour NW of here. god im glad i have a permenant campsite up there.

Bobby

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is that the weekend of the 15th 16th? If so I may be interested. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you Saturday morning. Only 2+ hour drive from my house.
Mark

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I so wish i could go snowmobilin. I have absolutly no snow here in southern WI. I was gonna go up the the UP last weekend but then my frineds dad,who was gonna drive us, had to work!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The trails here in marathon county near wausau are open but are HORRIBLE! all the trails are bumpy. Most are full of rocks sticks and what not. We need more snow. So are the trails in shawano county good?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put 160 miles on today between Shawano and Wausau. I started out in Shawano and ran the Mountain Bay Trail till just 8 miles from Wausau. Trail got way to Snerty for me. The whole of the Mountain Bay Trail was freshly groomed and smooth as a new highway. Turned around and took a connector trail that was located 10 miles from Wausau and connected the Mountain Bay trail and 20. I was the second sled after the groomer had gone through and it was great. Guess it is a trail that is not used much because it is very curvey and all woods. Just what my CAT likes. Anyway, that was about as good as it got.

Most of the trails were marginal and in need of a couple inches of fresh stuff. They have seen what appears to have been alot of traffic. On a positive note, in all of those 160 miles I only met ONE sled coming from the other direction. Had to slam on the binders at 70 mph for a couple of deer. Saw many other deer and turkeys besides.

Do The Snow Dance!!!

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts