Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took the connecting wires off and the bolts holding the handle bars, i cut the tape and the tie wrap holding some of the wires, the only thing hold the handle bars back is that metal rose from the brake lever and teh throttle cable, my question is, is there another place to cut a tie wrap to make those longer

·
Registered
661 Posts
When installing mine, my brake line was real short. Had to remove it from master cylinder, and re-route it & after that it was long enough to work fine with a 5" riser. Your brake line or throttle cable may have a strap or tie wrap down in the engine compartment not visible. Just have to follow the lines to see if any more exist.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
on my 99 sno pro after putting a total of six inches of rise on it the cables were long enought just had to cut a hidden cable tie under the steering tube right under the cowl

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
There was one main one that was right under the plastic shroud that holds the key. I cut that one and had plenty of wire to use.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SKILIE301
[br]There was one main one that was right under the plastic shroud that holds the key. I cut that one and had plenty of wire to use.
ya i cut that one

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I am going to be doin the same thing tomorrow (if its warm enough out). I just got a 2 inch riser for my sled. but on the box it says for yamahas you have to grind off a half moon shape on the bars or something? (sorry for hijacking the thread i just didnt feel like startin another one)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Nope there is no way you can make them longer. You have to pull them off the throttle and the master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well that bites the dust

·
Registered
62 Posts
i had to reroute my brake line and add a throttle extender too it, tried it without the throttle extender when I started it, it took off like a bat out of h*ll and about made another entrance in the back of my garage. I would highly recomend you making sure the throttle is not pulled to tight.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by forbess
[br]i had to reroute my brake line and add a throttle extender too it, tried it without the throttle extender when I started it, it took off like a bat out of h*ll and about made another entrance in the back of my garage. I would highly recomend you making sure the throttle is not pulled to tight.
Did it wreck anything on the sled?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Originally posted by Pance
[br]I am going to be doin the same thing tomorrow (if its warm enough out). I just got a 2 inch riser for my sled. but on the box it says for yamahas you have to grind off a half moon shape on the bars or something? (sorry for hijacking the thread i just didnt feel like startin another one)
i have basically the same sled except a year newer and there isnt a half moon i didnt have to grind anything. i would post some pics to help you but sleds in the shop. and for ski-dooguy when i enstalled my 4'' riser i just traced the wire and was snipping any wire tire that was on it

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will try that later on today

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]
Originally posted by Pance
[br]I am going to be doin the same thing tomorrow (if its warm enough out). I just got a 2 inch riser for my sled. but on the box it says for yamahas you have to grind off a half moon shape on the bars or something? (sorry for hijacking the thread i just didnt feel like startin another one)
i have basically the same sled except a year newer and there isnt a half moon i didnt have to grind anything. i would post some pics to help you but sleds in the shop. and for ski-dooguy when i enstalled my 4'' riser i just traced the wire and was snipping any wire tire that was on it
Yeah, yours is the newer style, but I didn't find that half moon thing that they were talking about, so i just installed it. I really like it, its much better than stock, but i wish i woulda went with a 3 or 4 inch riser, but i would have had to extend the cables. Oh and i installed the mountain bar too. [}:)]

·
Registered
70 Posts
good call on the mountain bar. I just put a 9 inch in my bars and the cable kits were a major pain in the cold if you can get indoors I recomend it!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well they wouldnt fit, but the big square connector that holds all teh throttle cable is half way under that plastic piece that is under the handle bars covering the starter, choke etc.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Checked out my 98'rmk yesterday and i can easily install a 3" riser.Tons of brake hose and the same with the throttle and wiring.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]If you need longer Throttle Cables or Brake line, either one or both, let me know.
My Brake lines carry a lifetime warranty and my throttle cables are a complete replacement for stock, not just the crappy add on thing.
how much

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another option for extending the length of the throttle cable is to put on a lefty. I think I've got the PowerMadd set up, it has two cables coming out of a junction box, instead of a cable from the lefty to work the righty. Gives you a throttle on each side and the extra length for the risers (I added 7 1/2" to mine last year).

·
Registered
62 Posts
arcticcat1 - no i was hanging on to the bars when it took off, it was dragging me through the garage. but i did run over acouple of saws (tablesaw, wet saw) before i got a chance to hit the kill switch. luckily i just pulled it out backwards and it was sitting on some ice, i left the garage door open so when it took of it spun the track before she really took off...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts