Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i found the sled of my dreams, now im trying to figure out financing so i want to know if anyone is interested in my 2000 SKS 700.

Ive done some work trying to get this sled into good shape, it wasnt terrible when i bought it, just needed some love.

-new camoplast "hacksaw" track last year with studs down the center, track is 1 1/8"
-aftermakret silencer (chrome) not sure on brand, i bought it from a friend and he wasnt sure as it came with his sled.
-Low blue windshield
-New seat, the old one was torn
-New carbides beginning of last winter, didnt get to many miles on them

The sled has mechanical reverse, it works fine. Ive always changed the chaincase fluid every year and used Polaris brand fluid. Its never been wrecked or rolled.

Has close to 7,000 miles on it, i dont remember compression numbers as i did it last year but i know that it was nothing to be concerned about, the sled was rebuilt sometime before i bought so its not original miles on the pistons.

This is a great sled, always runs great, starts easy, and has loads of power. Ive taken this sled many times to the u.p. of michigan for long weekends and ive never had a single problem with it.

Im thinking of starting it at $1800 OBO
View attachment 2010918185319328_14825.bmp

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
maybe if you werent so far away

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think distance is gonna be my biggest problem

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Nice sled. Decent price.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks tdgbigfoot,
Great sled, one of my favorites, time to upgrade

·
Registered
308 Posts
I dont think you will have any problems selling that around here. Put in on craigslist, for that price I bet that thing will go quick. Nice sled, well taken care of.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
List it on CL with a price of $2,000 or reasonable offer. I bet it's gone within the week.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, im going to list it this weekend for $2,000 on CL and see what happens, good thing is there arent to many of these around here and long tracks are becoming more popular around Michigan so maybe ill get lucky.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
ya i showed it to my dad and he would be interested if you were alot close, that a great price on a great sled

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha jk
Its on craigslist now hopefully some bites this weekend, everyone being in the buying spirit and all

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Not trying to degrade anything here but just for reference I picked up a pretty nice 99 XCSP 700 today with 44XX miles on it, fairly clean and bone stock except for a SLP boost bottle and 144 studs, has a brand new dealer purchased CDI box on it and 1 year old 8 inch woody's carbides, has a few minor blemishes but nothing major considering the sled is 11 years old, bought it for $1600, I'd say $2000 is a good average asking price as long as your pricing it with room for negotiations, I am also in Michigan just north of Detroit.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes its up for $2000 OBO, i realize i may not get that out of it but somewhere close would be nice

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah, a mere 2 months ago, I picked up a 2003 700 SKS (144") with pics, slp bottle and intake, and 10k miles with a rebuilt top end for $1800.. I've already been offered 2500 for it.

201011151350826_18890.jpg

I don't think so...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That was a steal deal, a grand lower than book price. But it was because it had an issue the previous owner couldn't figure out, and I watched it on craigslist for 5 months (from may to october) and pounced when he dropped the price for the 3rd time.

The point is, I bought a non-functioning sled in the off season for a cut rate price. Tis the cusp of sledding season, he should get optimum price for it.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Funny, I saw your ad on CL this morning and sent you an email. Sending you a pm...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks like a clean sled. Seems like the snowmobiles i always want are wayy to far away. I dont think you will have any problem selling it though.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I wish i hadnt "upgraded" the ol lady to an 01 MXZ that she hates, a sled like that would save me alot of diggin her out!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts