Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone here has modified their stock can on a xc 600 or pro-x to make a little more noise than the stock sound. i know of a awsome mod for the sx600 700 triple sigle piped sleds that sounds awsome.

the reason that i want to just modify my stock can is so the long arm of the law won't slap me up side the head when they look under my hood and see a aftermarket can in there....trust me....if i could do that and not ga ticket for modifing the sled i would....but the laws are getting really strick around here.

so if someone can help me and my buddy out(he has been whining like a little schoolgirl about the lack of a grunt sound like his old polaris triples)....and quit making my sled sound like it is a school girls fart ....i would greatly be in debt to you.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i may be wrong here,but seems to me , they use a decible meter.if its to loud, stock or not they can issue a ticket.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^Yep that is what i have seen them do...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know if it is too loud that they will issue a ticket.....i just want to know ifyou can do it

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
ive heard of people taking a whole say and cutting like a one inch whole in the can. dont know what it sounded like or if it made any difference, i learned not to belive and thing a snowmobiler tells me until they prove it on this wierd stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
have a look at the bottom of the can and see if you can cut it open and take out the packing that is in there,maybe leave some in there for back pressure.then weld the piece back in.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Not to rain on your parade but there is a reason why they made that law.

If you want to ride in the future, you gotta respect those who put up with us. Snowmobilers are NOT the majority in most places, and can easily be ousted if we make too much noise and hazards.

-Dean
(stock exaust, modded internals!)

·
Registered
128 Posts
i like the idea of putting a piece of flexpipe from the exhaust strait into your helmet so you can hear and smell your engine better. the mods you are thinking about will just piss other people off untill you blow up your engine that is.[xx(]

·
Registered
637 Posts
I got a plan..

I need a new can for my xc600, mine is cracked.. Why don't we just trade and you can have that louder sound you want from a stock can.. sound good.!?

·
Registered
414 Posts
650 just do what i did on my wildcat, just weld it together worked fine for me!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
is there noise bylaws outside city limits? i use stock exhaust but i think i am the only one around here,i am sure i'm not but it sure seems that way.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Originally posted by blewbyyou
[br] the mods you are thinking about will just piss other people off untill you blow up your engine that is.[xx(]
I love coming here and reading posts like this one. Now, I'm not trying to be a dink here, but I want to know exactly who told you or where you read that your engine is going to blow up because you modded your silencer? I hear this all the time, but I have never experienced this problem, never read about it, and never had anyone with any experience in this field tell me that it happens. Keep in mind that I also have a small shop where all we do is build and design snowmobile silencers. [:D]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts