Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys does anyone have specs on the 98,99,00,01,02 t-cats 1000.
i was reading some old posts and notice they are fast!!!! i have know for years but i think that will be my next sled i guess, because i like the look of them also.

which is the fastest year 98? which is the most reliable?

any links or help would be awsome.

thanks nik

·
Registered
48 Posts
All stock T-Cats from 98 up have a 172hp rating....as far as which one is fastest, it depends on all the variances out on the trail. if you take 2 T-cats, line em up, with a 300 pound rider on 1 and a 125 pound rider on the other, the 125 pound rider will be a little quicker....I ride a 97 T-Cat 900, and with the clutch tuning I've done to it, there isn't a stock 1000 T-Cat that can touch me.....as far as reliabilty, there like anything else, if you take care of em they last...i"ve got around 7000 miles on mine and the only problems I've had were my own doing...Blowing the track apart on the last ride last year has been the worse, and it happened due to studs being ripped out....

·
Registered
762 Posts
All I know is that the 01 and 02 had exhaust valves...which I would assume would increase HP but according to arcticthundermi, it doesn't. I really want an 01-02 engine though, regardless of HP ratings :)

Oh, and in 2000...I think...they changed the chassis.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, they changed and made improvements to the chassis...but you are incorrect, they never got the exhaust valves.....the ZRs, ZLs, ZRTs and every other sled did in 2001...but not the big boy..2002 was the last year it was made, which I'm sure they new in 2001, so why spend the moola to improve what was being taken out of production.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts