Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered a set of slydog trail skis last week, received them yesterday and while unboxing I noticed something strange, they had the race loops instead of the standard trail. Upon closer inspection I also realized these are in fact race skis instead of the trails but everything was stated correctly on my order form/invoice. So I contacted slydog, not that I'm complaining since the race skis are close to $75 more when all is said and done and I picked these up for $300 shipped with 6" shaper bars.

So anyway here is their response, all I asked was why I received race loops and if it was in error or intentional, and if these were actually race skis instead of trail.

Brandon Bunker Slydog Inc. said:
We are making the switch and eliminating the trail skis but still have trail inventory.. and can't make the switch until these are all gone. We didn't have these in stock so we made them as race. The only difference is the race ski is thicker making it more durable and more responsive vs. the trail. The loop is also thicker and stronger.
So, what I got out of this message is that they are no longer making the trail skis and want to get rid of whats in stock. The only reason I can think of is that some people said the trail skis wore out way too fast, around 2000 miles and they were done but I have only seen rare reports of incidents like that.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I had a paid of race skis for my mod and I didn't like them. I let them go with the sled when I sold it. I felt that the skis would dart way more than the factory doo skis.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I got the powderhounds on my Firecat. This will be the 3rd season using them. They work great and still look great. The only thing I don't like about them is that the orange ski-loop is starting to fade to a lighter orange in color just a little bit...not a problem though. When I get a new sled, i'll consider them again. I'll also consider the new C&A 8" mountain skis too!

·
Registered
511 Posts
This will be my third season on my SlyDog Trail skis (only going on 1300 km through). Love them and will be looking at them again (even though my current ones still look almost new).

Interesting to hear they are getting rid of the Trail model.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
very interesting. I'm likely buying a pair in january, are they keeping the trail ski price after they phase out the ski? or are they all going to be race ski price then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts