Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking for lightweight trailing arms/front end kits for Polaris wedge chassis check out this guy. I talked to him and he is also in the process of making inboard style trailing arms for the Edge chassis. They look pretty good to me and his prices are very good. Here is the link to the eaby auction, his ebay store and his website. He has good prices on snowmobile stuff on his site too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130040010772&rd=1&rd=1

http://stores.ebay.com/Outdoor-Supply

www.outdoorsupplyonline.com

If you buy from him make sure you tell him I sent you!

[attachment=48158]

[attachment=48161]

[attachment=48162]

[attachment=48163]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Those are pretty sick lookin arms hog, what are the weight savings??

Nevermind [:D] went to the website, and found the answer (3 lbs each)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a quote from the guy that makes them. "Not exact on the weight savings, I'd have to compare them again, I do know it's considerable though compared to the stock steel ones"

I can email him and get some numbers for you, or you can just email him yourself over ebay. He is really good at getting back to you when you have a question.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Those look preety cool, bookmarked him for future reference, thanks!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Are they as strong. I am sure they say they are but does anyone have any experience with them. Just read it. They are designed to bend before the tunnel. I wonder how much force it would take to bend?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by pigboy
[br]You'll lose your sway bar with these trailing arms. Designed for the 'mountain man'. No thanks.
I looked at these last winter and decided not to use them because of the swaybar.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Same here. I even asked if he could make me a set. Nope.
Guess he has so much business, he has no time for a sway-bar set.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Had nothing to do with too much business!!! I think I've had 2 people ask for the sway bar mount in the 3 years I've been building them, what it costs to cut them out on the laser and get them bent wasn't worth having a box of those parts laying around. Isn't cheap or easy to get time on a laser and with the minimum amount of parts I have to buy, I would have so much in overhead just on the different sway bar mounts that the price for each arm would be ungodly. It's not like I can go in and have them design, draft, build 2 or 3 pieces.

I've asked Ford many times for a truck that gets 25mpg and has 400hp, they must be too busy to accomodate that.[:D]

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wont rule out the option of getting them made and working it out, but right now the demand isn't there. I need to order 100 pieces of whatever I'm doing and that's a F load of sway bar mounts, not to mention there are more than 1 or 2 kinds of mounts also.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Quick question. What are the benefits besides looks and weight? They look really cool but I was a little concerned of the strength. I guess they are designed to bend before the tunnel does but at what pressure? I like them a lot but see them as designed more for powder than trails, am I correct.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The benefit is if you hit something and bend/break an arm you can easily change it on the trail if you have a spare with you, and for $35 it's really a no brainer compared to breaking/bending a stock trailing arm. I've only sold 3 replacement arms in the last 3 years and 2 of them were to someone who just wanted a couple spares.
The footrest and tunnel will only take so much abuse before something gives, these will take quite a bit of abuse but not enough that the footrest or tunnel will bend first.

I think your more prone to bend a trailing arm in the powder than you are on trail, things (stumps, tree's, rocks, lawnmowers) tend to tuck just underneath the powder where you can't see them until it's too late.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.