Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone going to try grass drags or watercross. i might try one grass drag. nothing official just a local one that started as a kegger and grew into drags and atv pulls. in the winter i will be back at speed running. is anyone going ice drags or speed running snocross????

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I MIGHT go to the local radar runs this winter for fun. Would like to see how fast my sled actually is.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have my drag sled just about ready to go for next winter. I use to race watercross a number of years ago but now I'm pretty much just into radar runs and speed runs. Just added a new speed track with 168 1.080 in Stud Boy picks and a chrome moly front end. Should be fun. Riley

good day

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey riley what kind of sled is it. what do you get for speed.

do you have an area for tunning? radar? i live abut 50 minutes north of forest lake off the rock creek grantsburg exit of i 35 i use a sports radar and have a couple lakes in town to use for tunning for the speed runs. during the week days no one is hardly on the so it is easy to mark out a little strip. if you want you are more than welcome to come up and use the radar for tunning your sled. in feb. the 1 and 3 sundays rush city puts on a big speed run. the 2 and 4 pine city puts on theres rush city shaves there track pine doesnt. than the first weekend in march is mcgreagor wich is a small run but they do a real nice job. they were they only place that annoucess who is running there machine any sponsers and what they get for speed. it was a good time up there last winter.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
definetally grass dragging, always do, the new "improved" ;) Viper should be beyond wild on the grass. You had to fight to keep that thing down when it was stock.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm going to try some of the local radar runs as well this winter. Never done it before but it should be fun.....and besides I'm curious as to what my sled can do after the different addons I'll have on it.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
radar runs are a blast. even if you dont win you get to see everysled just about new and old and talk to the people to see what they think. im a sociallite so i end up spending to much time talking and not enough on tunning. lol o well .

·
Registered
17 Posts
i plan on doing radar runs this winter... they have some at big lake near cloquet mn. by my home town

Mark Skramstad
97 Zr 440

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hey Madcow i have a cabin in central MN where I do most of my testing. I live in Coon Rapids. My sled is a Indy chassis with a mod 680 Ultra. I did run the second radar run on Rush Lake. It ran pretty good considering it must have been 45 degrees out. I ran 114.68 in 1000 ft out there. I have also run up at McGregor a couple of times. I did manage to take Improved Stock 700 up there two times. I fired my sled tonight for the first time since I put the speed track on and reringed my motor. Filled the shop with smoke pretty fast. I may take you up on the invite early this winter and see how things are working with the sled. Looking forward to winter but not too fast I have a couple of crank jobs I need to get done before it gets too cold. Thanks for the invite and I will keep in contact. Riley

good day

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
only drag ive done is a local car audio shop for DB Drag Racing. not a DB Drag sanctioned event but still fun. my new subs box and amp like to burp REALLY lowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. and erick 2 9512's in 4 cubes each with 1 jbl 1200.1 on each sub got me a total of 151.7 as a high mark and an average of 150.2db =o)

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Not a bad score.... Here are some pics of our dB Drag Cars.

/snofan/../images/users/erick/nolen1.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/erick/nolen2.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/erick/nolen3.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/erick/people.jpg

That car has 2 Digital Designs 9515's with 4 JBL 1200.1's (2 to each sub)
It hit a 150.8 with the windows up, no tuning done, in a daily driving box. Next summer we are doing a larger ported box and will be aiming for 160 dB+

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya. that last one at rush lake was a hot one. there was a hole in the ice where everyone parked and water was coming about 2 inches up all day long. it puddled up pretty good by the end of the day. sounds like the ultra makes out pretty good on the track. hopefully we will have some good ice this winter.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I'll be doing snocross next year. I got a chance today to practice at Gravity Park and considering I've never been on a snocross track I was keeping an impressive pace, not a fast as the real racers with new sleds but not far behind. G2get in better shape though...that's way more demanding than motocross [:)]

·
Registered
104 Posts
just came back from the snowscross and now i want to buy a pro x and race but cant afford one so meaby next year

·
Registered
740 Posts
I just ran our local fun radar run on sunday. Beat everyone. Rev 800's, xcr800 modded to the nuts, king-cat, 1M and a 800 summit on 60hp shot NOS. Feeling pretty good about my self right now.[;)] I was 118, closest to me was the dealers 800 rev with some mods at 114

1 - 16 of 16 Posts