Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is going to be a limited build Dragon RMK 800 HO, midway through the season, with 164" track and something like 155 horses. To bad they hadden come out with it at the start of the season.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Originally posted by driftpounder
[br]There is going to be a limited build Dragon RMK 800 HO, midway through the season, with 164" track and something like 160 horses. To bad they hadden come out with it at the start of the season.
163" Series 5 track with 150-155HP and CFI.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by shortstop20
[br]
Originally posted by driftpounder
[br]There is going to be a limited build Dragon RMK 800 HO, midway through the season, with 164" track and something like 160 horses. To bad they hadden come out with it at the start of the season.
163" Series 5 track with 150-155HP and CFI.
169 inch track with 175 hp and dfi

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Originally posted by BISSHYS REPAIR
169 inch track with 175 hp and dfi
I sense some sarcasm there, but 175HP 800 2 cylinder 2 stroke? I think not. [:eek:)] We'll see who's right when it comes out. I'm sticking to my story though, 163" Series 5 track, 150-155 HP CFI.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Its a 163", Freak over at snowest had pictures, but he was asked by polaris not to post them, but he did post the tunnel emblem and it was 163". Although the 175hp DFI would be kick ass.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
163" and 150 to 155 hp you say. hmm, I like even more.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Im more interested in the rumored new 4-stroke sled from Polaris with the engine thats made by KTM.
If its true, Yamaha might have some serious competition in the 4-stroke market.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Were did you here that it was coming out this year??? Everything I have read and have been told is that it is for next years sno check!!!!!

DW

·
Registered
123 Posts
ktm and polaris partnership is over already
the only thing that they made together was the outlaw

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by DAN_8485
[br]Were did you here that it was coming out this year??? Everything I have read and have been told is that it is for next years sno check!!!!!

DW
They are supposed to be getting 4 of them at our dealer in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hopefully they have more power than the Dragon 7's. I was up in McBride, BC this past weekend and bumped into a guy with one. He had an SLP pipe and NOS. He let me take it for a burn, and let's just say it was like driving a 580 skidoo summit. It was light, easy to muscle around, but it barely made an attempt at a climb. I did not press the NOS button, cause he said it was not working right that day. But I'm so glad I went with the 900 159" and not the 700 dragon. I learned not to go with first year models as they usually need a bunch of tweaking. Yikkes!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The HP numbers on an 800 would most likely be 155-160 hp given the ratings on the [email protected] hp and the [email protected] hp. I don't see it being anymore then 160.

Any new four stroke engines will most likely come from weber who supplies the current 4 strokes. Interestingly weber list 2 version of the 750 engine for recreation use on their website as follows:

normally aspirated 80 hp
turbo charged 104 hp.

In the past the web site listed the 135 hp turbo version used in the FST.

The 104 hp version of the sled is interesting because it matches the output of the 500 xcsp engine. Could this be the replacement for that engine.

The weber page can be found at the following location.
http://www.weber-motor.com/en/

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Originally posted by klockga
[br]The HP numbers on an 800 would most likely be 155-160 hp given the ratings on the [email protected] hp and the [email protected] hp. I don't see it being anymore then 160.
600 Carb is 120HP. 600 CFI is 125HP. 700 CFI is 140HP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts