Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just found this site and registered as a member. Cool site and a lot of knowledge here.
Has anyone tried running the dial-a-jet set-up on their sleds? Bought a viper last season and want to pipe it and would like the additional insurance against burn down. Has anyone had any experience with dial-a-jets? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Haven't tried dial-a-jets myself but I do know Vipers :). If you pipe it you better put on a rear heat exchanger. That will be a big insurance part. http://www.maximumsled.com/products/TPI_Valves/valves.asp I may put those on our Viper for racing just quick adjust and you can lean it out a little. That doesn't help you of course :). A good rear cooler and maybe a new head gasket you shouldn't have troubles. What pipes are you considering? My dad is planning Bender pipes himself and I know Billybong(another forum member) has Bender pipes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, sled dog. I'm weighing my options between Bender and Hauck. Hauck seems to have the clutch kits down for yammy's from what I gather in talking to yammy owners. I like how Bender's pipes are designed, though. I'll be getting that rear cooler and the opticool head gasket also.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah good. I would rather go with hauck myself but Bender is located in Upstate New York(I am in Pennsylvania) so if need be we can get there and whatever. Hauck however is way out in the midwest a bit of a trip from us. I prefer teh design of the Haucks cause I don't like the way the Bender pipes actually loop over the magneto side cylinder. Yeah our Viper should be one nasty snake this year. I am a little scared to race it for fear of how much it will stand up on me. I picture it just tail standing off the line. And believe me the Viper stock with the suspension set the way we race it kicks up pretty good. Almost pissed myself a few times when it hooked real well. Yeah I am expecting some real power and speed in just 500 foot. Gearing a piping will do that though ;). Surprised I didn't piss myself when I rolled the nasty thing on a hill. I beat the guys i was racing though :). Let me just say never crack the throttle when you land a huge jump! And by crack I mean full throttle! I didn't do it on purpose when I landed the jump(skis first) I SLAMMED the throttle. Broke the throttle lever too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts