Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a bender triple pipe ,clutch kit, heat exchanger and head gasket. can anybody tell me what to get out of these mods??????? is it true its going to give me 153 hp. ??????? hope so!!!!!!!!!! starting to snow in the u.p. of michigan they call for 20 in by this friday . yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I don't know about exact #'s but I would say that it is very possible to get great gains from those mods. Sled Dog could probably give a better answer than me.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
975 Posts
My buddy just put Bender pipes, new track with a gazillion studs, Billet heads??? (I think that's the name. See them in all the mags. Purple) Heat exchanger at the back. Man does it rock! Sounds like you're going in the same direction. You should be happy. Good luck with the snow conditions. Oh..and WELCOME to the forum

Edited by - mrpolaris18 on 21 Feb 2002 13:25:17

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

I don't know about exact #'s but I would say that it is very possible to get great gains from those mods. Sled Dog could probably give a better answer than me.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

[/quote]
how do you guys get such cool logos on the bottom of your names.

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The bender pipes have a claimed 153 HP. I don't know at what RPMs or Torque gains. Bender never ever replies to my emails. I will call them sooner or later and find out. Bender also claims 122HP by stock on the VIper but independent tests put it somewhere around 117-119. I would say you will get about 150HP out of the Viper with Bender Pipes. www.hauckpowersportsinc.com has pipes that I like the look of too. I have personally seen Bender's on a Viper and I must say I don't like how close the one pipe is over the mag side cylinder. Looks like a heat issue to me. Hauck sells a complete kit called the Venom kit for like $1200 or 1300 with pipes, clutch, jets, and reeds. Now you will NEED to add about $150 or so for a rear end heat exchanger. Vipers overheat with stock piping the heat created with the more air flow you need the tail end heat exchanger. If you look under the back in the tunnel you see the bar that coolant flows through. The rear exchanger just replaces that. it is a must on a Piped Viper. My dad raced a piped Viper on the lake a couple weeks ago. My dad took the guy out of the hole nicely telling me you lose torque on the real bottom end(raeson I want bender to send me a dyno sheet with torque numbers) about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the 1/4 mile the guy just blew my dad's doors in and ripped past him. Bender's site is www.benderracing.com they finally edited it and added $$s and things for the Viper pipes. Including the 4x4. They made a single pipe that just replaces the pipe not the silencer. It has a claimed HP gain of 4 HP and a weight reduction of 4lbs. it costs like $350 though. That little gain for that much? no thank you on my end. They have Viper silencers too but there is no HP gain just weight loss and sound change. Bender sells the Viper rear heat exchangers on their site but I think they probably overcharge for them. All that heat exchanger is is the exact samething off an SRX. SRXs came with that heat exchanger stock. So all you have to do is get an SRX one and put it on. I bet you can get an SRX one cheaper than Bender is charging. K I said my part. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts