Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting a tempa flow for my 2001 ZR 800 LE for this season. looking for opinions on them from people who use them.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
mcc-bri said:
Im looking at getting a tempa flow for my 2001 ZR 800 LE for this season. looking for opinions on them from people who use them.
From a while ago.....
Quinlan said:
TampaFlow? What the hell does that do? Adjust fuel for the saturation of your tampon?

Tampa flow. The pinnacle of enginnering in lady's products! [thumb]

It's tEmpa-flow. And there are quite a few on here that use them, should have too much trouble getting one of them to pipe up.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hmmm tempa-flow.... for sure 100% best money put into my sled. best over pipes clutching gearing porting and all the other $3000 of stuff i have put in my sled.
you will not regret getting it unless you like spending your time jetting.
It take a little bit to get it figured out and everything set correctly but once you do get it set its smooth sailing from there.
The only thing i think they need to do is change the instructions a little they are a little confusing, but you will figure it out after a while.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just installed one on my XCR, and it was really easy once I read through the instructions a few times. No snow to ride here so I can't tell ya how it works

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've got one and I have to say it's one of the cheapest mods I did. Only problem I had was using the wrong drill bit to mount the vacuum spigot (?). I used a smaller bit than suggested, cause that's all I had, and rounded the hole out by twirling the drill, ended up with a loose spigot. A bit of JBWeld fixed that up and haven't had any problems since.

It works great since I don't have to rejet for temps anymore. I've got a EGT gauge to get a better reading of my exhaust gasses but I still have to install it. I figure it's better to see what's happening in the engine and adjust the Tempaflow based off that. Just my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If you're a flat lander, the Tempa-flow is what you want. If you find yourself changing jets all the time because of temps, once installed properly, you'll never have to do it again.
I run an ATACC which also adjusts for elevation change. I ride between 3000 - 8000 ft and temps between -20C to +10C. And it runs consistant. It's probably one of the best mods I have done. Money well spent.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
ALot of 440 guys swear by it. Makes the engine run crisp and clean all the time. 1 of the top mods a perdson can make. I know I picked up 5 mpgs on my 700 with it.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Kinda off topic, but holy crap, haven't seen much of mcc-bri around!

Nice to see you're still alive!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I installed one in my old 600XC big block. Increased gas mileage and ran like a top whether it was -10F or +40F.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
THe mpg factor has me interested....the 700 is just a pig. Pull up to a gas station and my buddy on the 700 triple SRX sits and waits cuz he still has 3/4 of a tank....wtf!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Polaris-Man said:
Kinda off topic, but holy crap, haven't seen much of mcc-bri around!

Nice to see you're still alive!
Ya, its been awhile. should be around a little more this winter then i have been lately.

Does anyone know if my D&D power breather that i have will affect the way the tempaflow works or will it be no different then if i didnt have one as long as i was jetted properly for the breather in the first place?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ordered it yesterday, looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
im getting one as well. put my order in monday.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have 250 miles on my tempa flow so far and got to say it is working really well. still dialing my jetting in but got to say the sled is running so well no matter what the temp is. very happy with my purchase and would recomend to anyone.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
whitexc said:
THe mpg factor has me interested....the 700 is just a pig. Pull up to a gas station and my buddy on the 700 triple SRX sits and waits cuz he still has 3/4 of a tank....wtf!
That's how I feel about mine lol. I am looking into this device. I did not buy my sled for fuel savings I bought it for power. But with gas prices on the rise I will try to conserve fuel as best as I can but still have it perform like in should in all temps

·
Registered
114 Posts
When re-jetting, do ONLY the main's need to be changed?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
yes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts