Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an apex or attack that can tell me how they are on fuel compared to a vector or rage. I am thinking of getting a 4 stroke and I love the attack but if it isn't as great on fuel as the vectors are I will go that route. I am hoping it's alot better than the hyper 2 strokes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i get about 20-22 mpg and the apex gets a little less than that but it doesnt matter how u drive even when your ripping down the trail or going across the lake. another good thing you dont have to add oil to either of them. but if your looking for more speed get the apex and if you want nice trail riding get the attak if it has a longer track.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The Apex and Attak will pull 14-16 mpg, the Vector and Rage will pull 18-20 mpg.
IMO, if you are an aggressive rider you will like the Apex/Attak better. It has more of a rider foreward position and the taller bars make it really easy to ride fast on. Plus, the EFI system is really nice. No choking, no messing with the throttle. All you do is turn the key and once the engine fires up the computer does everything for you.
If it were me Id go for the Attak. Granted, you give up some fuel economy but the Genesis 150 FI engine is a work of art.
If you are buying new you might want to consider waiting until February and ordering an '08. Rumor has it that Yamaha is putting EFI on the Genesis 120 (the motor the Vector, Rage and Nytro use) and will be putting it in the Deltabox 2 chassis (the chassis the Apex and Attak use).

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Octane
[br]
If you are buying new you might want to consider waiting until February and ordering an '08. Rumor has it that Yamaha is putting EFI on the Genesis 120 (the motor the Vector, Rage and Nytro use) and will be putting it in the Deltabox 2 chassis (the chassis the Apex and Attak use).
That would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya for teh little bit less of mileage the apex/attack is much more worth it because of teh riding position is much better and feels lighter i would not get the vector/rage cus i won;t handle nearly as well plus u get all the bueatiful things of efi like no jetting no choke. its just much nicer

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
True, but if the Vector and Rage get moved to the DB 2 chassis and get EFI in '08 its going to make the choice a lot more difficult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.