Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has an Apex, and how it rides? And how heavy does it feel in the deep stuff..etc,etc.
I'm trying to decide between the Apex Mountain, or the M series.
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
my dad has an 06 apex mtn sled and lately i've been ridiing it alot. today i was doing jumping and that and some hillclimbing. im 5'5 and 140 lbs and i can handle it. came close to rolling. front end in teh air was starting to fall down the hill the i stood on high side and hit the throttle. the apex is better for point and shoot if u boondocking with the the m series. where do u ride most?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I ride the mountains, a little trail if I can't avoid it. So I guess I'm considered a boondocker. Unless I'm mistaking the meaning. I always considered it just mountain riding. My brother is dead set on the Apex, but he loves the 4-strokes anyway. But I'm really leaning toward the M series. But I am going to wait till next year to make sure all the bugs get worked out. But I need to get on an Apex and take it for a ride. It's just finding a dealer, or a fellow rider to let me try it. Well I guess I got till next year before I make the big decision. Thanks Gerald

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
An Apex really doesnt have a heavy feel to it when you are riding it. Yamaha did a good job of centralizing the mass and the sled has a very well-balanced feel to it.
If you are in the market for an Apex but want to ride one first, just wait untill Yamaha starts up with the demo ride schedule. Theyve done it for the past 2 years and I see no reason why they wont do it again this winter.
You go there, sign the waivers and you get to try out any sled you want. There is no cost and no obligation to buy.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Heres the demo ride schedule: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/events/dynamicevent/1/631/snowmobile_demo_schedule.aspx
Other than that, call around to some local dealers and tell them you are seriously considering an Apex, but arent sure about it and want to try one out. Most dealers will let you at least try one out.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya the apexs are not bad as im 5'5 and 140lbs and i do just fine with it. but if i was givin the choice right now i would take the apex due to its has much better fit and finish (snowwest quoted in their no bull buyers guide that the cats were a bit poor in quality) and the apex has the ability for much more power like a turbo for in the future if extra power is needed. i do realized they make a turbo for the cats now too. but the cat does seem like a better sled its got more hp and its lighter it makes perfect sense to buy that cat over the yammie

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
your welcome anytime. glad to help hope my confusing bundle of info helped with your decision. let us know what u do get in the end

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey roughrider99 the cat only has 123 hp and the apex has 150 and i rode the cat and the power is not even close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts