Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while at the radar run I was watching sleds go through the traps. both sleds claimed to be stock and were allowed into stock class. they could have had clutching and other stuff but who knows. any way both sleds looked good and hooked up very well for trail stud machines. it is pretty impressive how the new sleds can transfer and go. both machines were close to each other. the best I saw the mach z get was 106 and the best the I saw the apex do was 104. this was in 1000'. as far as trail stock sleds went both of them looked very good. the yami looked to lift the skis a little better but also looked to have more spin. for the most part the same driver on both machines leaving the line the same way could have put both sleds closer in speed. now the trail f-7's werent to far behind either.
pretty much every stock trail sled from the f-7 to the mach was doing 100-106. at rush city I will watch for more. the mighty mach will not even place in a class at rush even with pipes and motor work. the only class it might have a chance is lake racer and that they better have 1200 with nos. two many 800-1200 triples without it to compete.
the apex with turbo will run from 130-150+ so they make there own class.

·
Registered
548 Posts
wow i didnt know a apex with a turbo would go that fast 150 thats fast well i guess they should do something for the sled costing some much

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
those numbers seem right around what i saw this weekend at our local radar run. A few stock Mach Z's were running 100-107 in 1000'. Didn't get any numbers for the 4 strokes but they sure did seem to hook up nice, and you could sure tell how much torque they have down low. One dude with a claimed "stock" F7 was hitting 103-104 in 1000'! Man are those thing friggin fast! No turbo Yamys there, would be interesting to see how one on boost would do in 1000'. I'm sure traction would be an issue.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
an apex on boost is easily a 130+mph in 1000'. add a second turbo and nos and you have 150+mph in 1000'!!!!!

the 104 is very real for a trail stock f-7

·
Registered
134 Posts
skidoo01...madcow actually posted some resluts...he didnt ask what would win like ou did...go race your mxz against de 800 poo and post the results...then it wont be locked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts