Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello looking for opinions on apples new ipad. The "wife" and i were thinking about picking one up when they come out up here. Its main use for us would be media ie pics, music, movies,ebooks. We both have laptops and desktops. My MAIN reason for this is work related i am in contracting. Mainly custom garage's and i carry around with me tons of pictures of garages, plans, samples, price list, and basically anything you could imagine for a garage. I was looking at this ipad as a means to cut down and digitize my samples and pictures along with the ability to carry all the possible or forseable truss plans and engineer drawings to help with our onsite quotes. By using a light portable "tablet"style laptop i could basically take what use to be a quote that would have to be taken back to the office to do up right there onsite and thus give my clients a accurate and gauranteed price right on site like we are able to do with the "basic" garage designs.

Not only that i would be better able to keep it updated and as it goes most clients are visual people so seeing a nice color picture instead of a photo printed off would be nice for them. Plus as it stands right now there is alot more items i would like to be able to show and explain to my customers but there is only so much a person can carry.

Please let me know if you have had any experience with the ipad and how you like it. I am hoping the ipad is just a bigger version of the itouch which would workout just fine for what i/we want.

cheers

· Registered
538 Posts
some people love it, some hate the ipad. for you, it sounds like a good idea since you will be able to present more samples in better quality to your customers.

the ipad basically is a big itouch. it does everything an itouch can do but on a bigger screen for easier reading of text, subtitles, bigger and clearer photos.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See i look at ia as just that a bigger ipod touch. While i do not have one i have used my old mans from time to time and like it. I am trying to read the reviews and see what everyone else thinks but truth be told i need to have it in my hands to make my final decision.

· Registered
11,988 Posts
I've been debating getting one "just for the heck of it". I don't really need one, but it would be nice to use for various tasks (browsing the net on the couch, etc.) Instant on/off is also nice. While I do agree there is a lot of flash on the Internet, I don't think the "Internet runs on flash". That's a ridiculous statement. This site doesn't use any flash aside from a few ads. It would be nice if it supported flash though, as that is the major downfall. You can jailbreak them and get support for the majority of flash out there though.

Also, iPhone OS 4.0 includes a lot of missing features such as multitasking support, etc. That will be available for the iPad (free update of course) this September.

Still on the fence myself about one, but they are a neat looking device, and could be handy in a lot of situations, especially in your line of work Jonesie.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya i think i am pretty much sold on one. Dont know the size i will get either 32 or 64gb. 32 should meet my needs and again im not using it as a laptop so we will see. going to the apple store later this week hoping they have one i can play with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.