Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!
what would be beter for me.
i ride allot of gromed trails and allot of not gromed trails with lots of hills.
wich one has more Tourque and beter Horsepower to weight?
how fast is the 900?
how fast is the 700?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well...what years, what models...I'm assuming you mean an F7 or Sabercat 700 and ZR 900. Speed's probly gonna be better w/ the 700's actually cuz they are MUCH lighter. If you could jump on them both to compare that'd be best. Depends on agressiveness and how you ride in general.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You cant go wrong with the F7. You should be able to get about 115 miles/hr or more out of it. F7's are so light and so quick off of the start. tehy are also considered to be a dicth-banger. If you want to ride more groomed trails, i would suggest the 900, but if you want a machine that has the ability to do it all, the F7 is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Go with the F7 Ext if you get off the trails and climb hills. That is what won our local hillcross last year the thing rips. I have a buddy who went from a T-Cat to an F7 he said It was all he could do to make his T-Cat faster than the F7 and he works at the distributor for A/C he knows his stuff. He is who everyone goes to for set ups on new sleds. The 900 is no slouch it hauls but I would go with the F7 EXT

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hey Grrandre, have you had a sled before? I just wondered because your questions seem to be trying to get up to speed on the AC line. Have you checked out their website for weight and horsepower ratings? There are a few websites out there for AC fans. Welcome to the forum here. There's a site called www.hardcoresledder.com where the owner is a 2003 F7 owner. It has a ton of information and a strong AC following. Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i have a 1991 arctic cat 440.
i have not been very invovled in snowmobiling for a couple of years know,i have been involed into atving,i have a 02 yamaha kodiak.
i do ride eavry year but know i am geting a new sled.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The F7 may be lighter and sexier, but if you are coming from the more traditional styling of an older 440, you may actually feel more comfortable on the 900. The F7 is taller and therefore not as stable through the groomed trails, but better for ditch banging. Both will be a HUGE jump from a 440. I'd sit on both of them to feel ergos. If you like the Firecat maybe even consider an F6. Also, if going with an F7 stick with an 04--bugs worked out. But the zr900 would be fine in a carry over 03. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Might want to consider the sabrecat line as well. Much more trail oriented (suspension) with the same F-series motors.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The Sept. issue of Snowtech includes good reviews of all these sleds. What type of riding do you plan on doing? Trail, ditch, deep snow, hillclimbing, lake running?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
if u do any off trail sledding the sabercat would b better but i dont think by much since its track is only 13.5x128x1. i know your looking at Cats but it would be worth it to look at the polaris Switchback. it comes in 600,700 and 800. its got a 15x144x1.25 its got the duel purpose rails on the rear skid. so that it turns, and handles like a short track sled on the groomed trails while it still has the flotation on the powder. http://snowmobiles.polarisindustries.com/product/technology_04SNOCROS.asp?ContentID=04SNOCROS

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the fire cat ext also has a 144" track.
does the fire cat have that cross over rail two?
i am NOT interested in a polaris,i rather be riding than being in the shop!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
im not gonna start bashing other brands BUT if u think you will be in the shop all the time with a polaris either u never owned one or owned one that was beat to death.around here Arctic cat are the lest sold sled and generly have the most trouble. only polaris has the duel purpose rail. i believe the 800 has betwen 145 and 155 hp im not sure others will probly know tho

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I do believe that it was at like 140-145 last year, but supposedly they were gonna be pumping out more power from it for 04, I guess we will wait and see...

·
Registered
502 Posts
The zr chassis in nice platform for trail riding, it's almost unbeatable. The f-cats are nice ditch bangin sleds, but they "had" horrible turning radius the first year. Kinda a toss up.

not sure about the 115mph outta an F-7 tho. maybe on the speedo, but actual speed should be less. maybe i'm wrong tho? any other opinions?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts