Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard many different points about each year. Just wondering if anyone can inform me about the biggest changes each year.

-I've read that the 2003's were the fastest? Less restrictive? Is this true? Also with the amount of recalls are they reliable?

-The snopro model from the factory (non-race) What does it offer to the average Joe?

-Anyone here running twin pipes? I've heard gains of 10-15hp+?

-How does the 14.5 track work off-trail?

-Any problems with the front induction air box in deep snow?

-And last but not least. In general how do they run against other sleds (i.e. Rev, ProX) in your personal experience? Would you buy another one?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
03s are faster!! If the updates are done its just as reliable as any sled, Will smoke your buddies revs and pro-x's, twin pipes big power gains not as good/reliable for the trail as a single pipe. Sno pro is way better for bumps (resivior shocks & track) and the 1.375 track goes great through the powder!
Ive never had any problems with the intake plugging up enough to stall the motor or make a noticable differance in power!

If your interested i would scoop one up! Best power to weight on the market!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
What is it that makes the 03's faster, when 03-06's are all listed at the same horsepower?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
10 tooth drivers and a lean condition in the mid section.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The DD on the 05 and 06's slowed them down especially the 05 because of its bad cluching. The 04's had the 9 tooth drivers.
The snopro has stiffer suspension and the 1.375" track. If you want to run twin pipes you'll also need a fuel regulator or boondocker to add more fuel on efi's. The 13.5" track works abount the same as a 121" off trail. The scoop on the hood tends to fill up with snow when your in the powder and causes it to bog a bit sometimes. this can be fixed with a couple bullseyes or an intake tube off of a 440.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Good point about the boondocker and efi! If you have a choice and your a tuner?? Go with the carbs, they take mods much better and can be tuned indefinitally with out reprograming/boondocker. If you dont want to tune or ride at different altitudes efi is great power is smoother with the efi as well!
P.s. The really early build 03 F7s had the most horsepower close to the claimed 140hp the rest have more like 134-138hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts