Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
pretty sure the f7s get around 12+/-2MPG. ZR- not as good, but really fast. EFI is usually better on gas too. My zr 500 only gets 10! crappy! depends on what you ride too, if you only ride ditches your mileage will suck.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I've hit 160 miles without running it dry already. I'll say 12-14 on the EFI Firecats depending on conditions and driver.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
I probably average about 6-8mpg with my '98 ZR 600 EFI. I can ride pretty hard...lots of throttle...so that kills it some.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm getting 6 to 7 in my ZR500, but I use a lot of throttle.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]I probably average about 6-8mpg with my '98 ZR 600 EFI. I can ride pretty hard...lots of throttle...so that kills it some.
do you know how many miles to the tank you get?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Originally posted by bigbuckmt
[br]This last weekend, I was getting 14-15 mpg in the U.P.
wow whats your secret?? my 580 is lucky to get 10mpg.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have gotten 120 miles on an 11 gallon tank on my ZL600 EFI. My F7 ran about 12-14 mpg during its break in period.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
That's weird! You sure you don't have two more gallons in your tank. lol If your friends sleds are running right, I would have to say it's throttling style.
Originally posted by cosmicmuffin
[br]I ride a ZL800 carbed,my partners run 500 and 600efi's.I always use less fuel! (explain that)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
My Pro-X 800 always gets a little better mileage than both of my buddy's '02 Mountain Cat 800 EFI.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Originally posted by mcc-bri
[br]
[br]I probably average about 6-8mpg with my '98 ZR 600 EFI. I can ride pretty hard...lots of throttle...so that kills it some.
Anywhere from 60-80 when I fill, usually closer to 60. I've never had it 'empty' completely, but with the miles ridden and the gallons added, I would guess it comes out to 6-8...maybe 10 on a good day. Some day I'm going to find a way to strap on a 2.5 gal. gas can, then go ride and run it virtually empty just to see how far I CAN go...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
[br]
Originally posted by mcc-bri
[br]
Anywhere from 60-80 when I fill, usually closer to 60. I've never had it 'empty' completely, but with the miles ridden and the gallons added, I would guess it comes out to 6-8...maybe 10 on a good day. Some day I'm going to find a way to strap on a 2.5 gal. gas can, then go ride and run it virtually empty just to see how far I CAN go...
im about 75 miles to the tank and thats running hard. I was thinking the same thing with bringing along another tank of gase to see how far i can go. Im going to put a 5 gallon can in the lynx's rack whonce it is running again and go for a ride with my brother and see how far i can go

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been getting about 100-110 miles on a tank on a 99 ZR600. I have a 93 EXT550 that has 13,000 miles on it and managed a over 130 on a tank with that sled.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts