Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a older jag 340 delux. took out of storage and it started ok. now i can't re-start it.laying plugs on top of cylingers, both have super spark. new plugs.unhooked fuel line from carb,fuel getting to carb. when i checked spark, must have been flooded,it shot gas out plug hole 6' high.dried it out & let sit overnight.i left the key on last night & tonight there was gas all over the floor??? new plugs look dry, but putting gas into plug holes still wont fire.pulling over with rope seems to have plenty of compression. any thoughts???thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like you may have lots of fuel now sitting in the bottom of your crankcase, thus not allowing the engine to fire.... Check the front bottom of your engine block for a crankcase drain plug, and open it up, tip the sled up from the rear and allow fuel to drain and evaporate overnight. Reassemble plug into crankcase( block ) and lower sled to floor, spray a bit of ether into each cylinder and install sparks plugs 1/2 way into each hole, and attempt to start. You may have carburetor needle and seats stuck, allowing fuel to flow into the engine, thus the fuel on the floor.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts