Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas on what to try for a non-operational tether on an AC Lynx? Also, the hand warmers are not functioning either even after installing a new toggle switch. This sled is a 1978 275CC twin that my 10 year old son uses.

* Polaris * ......... The Way Out!

·
Registered
167 Posts
if memory serves me correct these old cats run swithces exactly oppsite of every other sled, normally open, or is it closed, check with your A/C dealer, but i know its a weird deal and is oppsite of what you think, also with the grip heaters im suprised on there are wires left at all, these wires were really built cheaply and break easy, but check to see if you have voltage comming to the switch if so and you turn it on and they dont work, then id say somewhere in the grip a wire is broken, not making the circut work, this is common, you can buy new heated grips at dennis kirk, manufactures supply, ect.., hope this helps, and good luck with your old cat, once you get all the bugs out these are really very reliable machines.

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Old Cats used the closed system on some and the open on others.On the normally open system completing the cirquit kills the engine,so simply unplugging the defective tether will eliminate the problem. On a normally closed system unplug the tether and "jump" the 2 wires to keep the cirquit complete. Use this info for diagnosis only cuz a 10 year old should be using a tether!

You can Fly with EFI
Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I give these a try. I want both of these working especially the tether.

* Polaris * ......... The Way Out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts