Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I bought my first snowmobile on Saturday and it's an Arctic Cat Panther 370 (Touring) 2003,
and I have some questions for you:

- what is the topspeed for this snowmobile?
- it has only 37 horsepower under the hood and i'm afraid that it's not enough when 2 persons
are sittin' on it. Am I correct?

If someone out there has a AC Panther 370, please tell me what kind of a snowmobile this is!

Thanks,
Peter

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
welcome to the forum..As far as I know they have been good reliable sleds, but with 2 people on it I would guess it would top out around 45 maybe 50....Its a good starter sled..

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
nice cat... it will be no power house and the suspension will probally not be too great with 2 people on it (unless it is a 2 seater). but will will have tons of fun on it, me and my girl used too on my old 440, and that isn't much faster.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
My old 440 fans were only 40hp so 37 will get you around a lot better than you think. An old VW bug is also only 40hp if that helps. It isn't going to win any drag races then I'm guessing since its a 2up thats not why you bought it. It should be a good dependable, really nice trail riding sled. Enjoy!
Welcom to the the best forum on the net. (At least for those of us who think summer is to long and winter is to short)

·
Registered
284 Posts
My wifes sled ends up being the one everyone borrows. Its a 2 up Indy 340 fan. Suprisingly quick and agile. Great machine, just a little light on some trails with heavier ruts. I am 200 lbs and i can easily carry another passenger with no problems.

Welcome to the forum.

CD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello

Thank you all for the response!! It sounds that this sledge is great for a beginner,
so the only problem for the moment is the lack of snow :) I'll get back to you when
I've got my own experiences of this sledge!

Thanks
Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts