Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is out there running an A/C roller secondary on there DOO?

If so what is your setup for your primary? Any major changes that have to happen when swapping them?

I want to run one but I'm not sure about what helix angle and spring to start with.

Any help is much appriciated!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one is runnin a cat roller secondary?, i thought a lot of ppl did this to run a roller secondary for cheap

·
Registered
40 Posts
Used to be a cheap roller upgrade, but requires shim stock on the shaft as the AC hole is larger than the Doo secondary hole. I think I ran a straight 49 AC helix when I ran one of these. You may end up going less agressive on the primary as well due to the faster upshifting with the roller sec vs a button sec. Will NOT work properly on a RER sled.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have access to a really nice lathe and vertical mill so im not worried about making it fit, I'm just wondering how the backshift was improved over a button clutch. Is it a big improvmeent?

·
Registered
40 Posts
A roller is always nice! You'll have to make a new jackshaft if you are to utilize your machining equipment. Many perf shops had shafts already made for this purpose. I used a slice of beer can as a shim.....seriously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts