Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that i post something kinda like this but not exatly. I have an 2000 AC 600 EFI. I need to make it fast. My bro got a new sled and my best friend just got a 2001 yamaha 600 sx1 (something like that) and i have to be able to beat them. What can i do. I am not rich but i do have some money. So this is my question.... What can i do to make my sled faster and spend under......400? Anything would help (websites) thanks

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
clutch kits are good.

another thing: loosen up your track. run it with like 1" free hang when cold. A loose track is a fast track. Just don't let it rachet. If it rachets, tighten it up. You can get 3-4mph at least by just loosening the track. Stock tracks are set VERY tight.

-Dean

·
Registered
134 Posts
canisters, reeds, clutch kits, pipes, u can look for an efi computer chip that always helps too...go to www.blackmagicracing.com they have good deals for different shit

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
20 Posts
hollamby, how fast is your ZR as is?Just asking 'cause I hope to buy 1 in the next couple of weeks.How's it compare to other sleds you've ridden or run with?

·
Registered
134 Posts
king mort i know u didnt ask me but my freind has a 99 zr600 efi with a mbrp canister on thats it for anything under hood...he has gotten it to do over 105...they are quick little sleds...i wanna get a 99 zr600 efi l.e in black those are nice lookin sleds

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
dunno man, my friend got a ZR600 in 01 i think, and we drag raced, and I beat him. His sled seemed abnormally slow, we thought it would be faster. He's taken it to the dealer once, and they did something to the clutches, but it didn't get any faster...

You would think a zr600 would whop my ass. My dad's xc600 does after about 50mph.

-Dean
(1992 440XCR bored to 453cc)

·
Registered
134 Posts
maybe he doesnt give it all throttle right away??...maybe sumthin wrong from the factory...the polaris'es were always faster sleds...well in my opnion...but hey who knows....shit happens

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
it's not even a cat VS poo thing, cause his sled couldn't handle the clutched ZR500 or a 440 sno-pro either. It was sad. He's not very mechanically inclined though. If it was my sled, i'da had it apart already to find out what was wrong.

-Dean

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have raced the yamaha 600 and we stayed tied the whole race. And i race a 600 polaris XC (i think, I know it was an XC), and i stayed with him until the end and then i went ahead by like 1 foot (nothing big). SO i would say that it is the driver that wins the races.

·
Registered
134 Posts
it hasta be the driver and the size of ur nuts...if u got nuts and a nice sled youll win

·
Registered
134 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ripperd2:
it's not even a cat VS poo thing, cause his sled couldn't handle the clutched ZR500 or a 440 sno-pro either. It was sad. He's not very mechanically inclined though. If it was my sled, i'da had it apart already to find out what was wrong.

-Dean

[/quote]

what exaclty are u talkin about dean sorry i didnt follow u whats u mean...reply back

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by b1scu1t14:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ripperd2:

-Dean

[/quote]

what exaclty are u talkin about dean sorry i didnt follow u whats u mean...reply back

[/quote]

I meant that not only my 92 440XCR beat it, a CAT ZR500 and a CAT sno-pro beat it also. So something must have been wrong with it. And I said that if it was my sled, i'd tear it apart right away to fix whatever was slowing it down!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts