Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ZL600. I am putting an upgrade kit on it from Sled Pro.
Just about got it finished but I cant get the swingarm to line back up with the holes. Last time I undid it it took 2 hrs of he-manning itto get it back into place. Was lucky that I didnt strip out threads. Does anyone know of an easier way to get the swing arm back into place. Thanks

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well depending on which way you need to get the arm to move to line it up i have a few different ways i have used before. The first one usually works for me...i will take a 4x4 peice of wood and lay it underneath the front of the rear skid....that will move the arm one way and if you put it just under the rear of the suspension it will move it back the other way. If this fails i have also took a ratchet strap and compressed the rear suspension (skid) down to make it more manageable. and the final way i have done it is to just loosen the track which may or may not help. I have used this mostly on polaris sleds but i see no difference in using it on any sled.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I think that these are the swing arms on the cats are here.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasenuf/zl6002.jpg
Or is it in the track as Triumph eluded to.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I was confused too. I thought he also meant the A-arms...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am probably calling it the wrong thing. Its the bar that comes down towards the bottom of the track. It is located near the back of the sled and is spring loaded.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
There are a lot of things that confuse me like that. Last year right after I joined I could not figure out what everyone was talking about hyfax. Turns out that sliders and hyfax were the same thing.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by tvan:
I am probably calling it the wrong thing. Its the bar that comes down towards the bottom of the track. It is located near the back of the sled and is spring loaded.

[/quote]

I believe that would be the rear torque arm of the rear suspension......hehe.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whatever its called I got it back together. Thanks Triumph for the tip. Used the piece of wood and it was back together in 5 min.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts