Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 2000 Arctic cat ZR 600 EFI. I have a couple a questions about it. First what can i do to make it faster without spending a ton of money? I have had people tell me power reeds and canisters, but i just don't know what to do..anything else beside pipes (cause i don't have 500$$). I have a crack in my windshield and i was wondering if anyone had any good pictures or websites that has some cool looking windshields. And one more thing. My younger brother just got an 2001 Arctic cat ZR 500 with the flat carbs. Do you think that he can beat me in a race... there is no mods. done to them......yet :)

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
a place to get windsheilds would be Dennis Kirk, and for mods, just go to www.denniskirk.com and look around, order the catalog, its free so might as well do it, and there are all kinds of things in there for sleds, actually, they have catalogs for everything......ur ATV, PWC, Harley and sleds...so all ur toys are handled, and they are all free catalogs too :D

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the ATV one, not the snowmobiling one. Does anyone know anything about the rest my question? thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
hey dennis kirk is a bit over priced in my opinion...go to www.hiperf.com for mods or winshields...i think ur sled would have a better chance at beating his...600's are quick sleds

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
614 Posts
Try D&Dpreformance,or Black magic for some clutch kits ,these guy test and tune ,then make up kits.
No way should your brothers sled beat yours,SORRY LIL BRO.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah now that sleddaver mentioned it black magic is a good place too...also for canisters or pipes try mbrp...for windshields try www.sportechinc.com sportech makes cobra...cobra has some really cool looking winshields...also straight from arctic cat you can buy the chrose illusion green or just green windshields...my freind has one on his 99 zr 600efi looks sweet as hell he has a nice sled

·
Registered
134 Posts
the website to black magic is www.blackmagicracing.com...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks guys. Does anyone know anything about the power reeds? Also what else can i do under 500$$ to but some more speed under my sled? (thanks for the windshield suggestions)

·
Registered
948 Posts
You could change your gearing but you will sacrifice 'out of the hole' response without compensating through the motor.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts