Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle is looking into buying a new sled and he wants to know the msrp of a 03 Arctic Cat ZR 900. He dosent want to go down to the dealer up here because they would talk him into buying one right then and there but he wants to wait until january for some reason. But does anyone know the msrp? Thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Get him to ask if A/C has come up with a fix for the belt blowing problem they had on the 2003 models. A lot of guys had the same problem of blowing the belt at high speed long runs. I only blew 1 belt all season on mine, but I'm not into running wide open for miles and miles.
Just a thought before he buys.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I had a friend that blew three belts on his F7 in one day. Whas that a common problem with all of them?

Neal

·
Registered
614 Posts
I never heard about any problems with other cats, all I did was gear mine up a little and no more blown belts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My dad blew a belt on his zr 900 last year and my brother in law blew one on his F7. Maybe its the new 6 tower primary, but the output of these engines magnifys the problem. Zr 900 is an awesome sled though, amazing for a twin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys but anyone have a guess on the msrp. He is also looking into the new ski-doo 1000 4 stroke.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My little ZRT 600 will blow stock belts too...I run a gates extreme with kevlar and it not only seems to be best matched with my clutchs, I have yet to blow it [:)]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Just do a web search google or something for that sled and you should get some prices. Or call a few dealers before going shopping, he's got to ask a dealer sometime.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bet you can get one for $8200 espcially if you don't have a trade in. With direct drive the zr900 is gonna dominate the lakes that much more. Awesome sled, don't let him get the doo 4 stroke, yuck!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^^yep agreed, it sounds like he might be thinking the 1000 is in the same class as the 900... not even close.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts