Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I bought a 2000 ZR600 EFI this summer and had a chance to take it out last week for the first time - it seemed to run great except the odd time it would bogg from the start. It seemed mostly to occurr after slowing down after high acceleration and then accelerating again - one time it even stalled. It started right back up again and I was off. I know I can expect some bogging with these machines but this seemed a bit much..variable temperatures maybe?
I checked the plugs and they seemed a little wet but the burn point was a decent brown in color. My best guess is the oil pump might be set high or the sudden decelleration might be to quick for the oil pump to regulate?
Anyone with insight would be appreciated

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i seem to ahve this problem on my 99 POwder special 600 EFI, try to ride it harder, never let off the gas completely eitehr seems to help, just rid ethe h$ll outa it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Something serious must be wrong cause my 93 EXT efi kicked your butt all over the trails last week-end. My advise is a complete engine rebuild with some mods like pipes and a chip so you can keep up with me.

Just kidding you. Bar2Bar is a freind I ride with so I thought I tease him a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can try a few things. First I would check your belt deflection and spring in your secondary (springs wear out fast, they sag and lose tension,its best to change yearly for top performance if you do alot of riding). Also check to see if your jumper wire is plugged in, plugged in is for regular gas-unplugged is for MTBE or oxygenated fuels. If that doesn't work check your throttle cable tension, if it stretches it can cause it to bog because of the saftey switch in the throttle block. (Or what he said below.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a ZL600EFI and had a bog problem sometimes on quick accellerations. The problem was a little round piece of plastic on the thumb accellator there are 2 of them. Hope this helps

·
Registered
39 Posts
check out post: cat EFI doggy out of hole
in the "shop" area
It may be archived
see if any of thi sounds familure
spell check
if any of you cat efi riders find a fix for this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me and tell me what you did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I posted this same question on another site - almost all responses on this problem had to do with "disconnecting the throttle saftey switch".

I changed the plugs - so soon as we have enough snow again and I will see if it still happens, if it does then I will disconnect the safety switch and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

p.s rbig18 drives like a woman.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out my problem was water in the fuel. I should have known this - when I bought the sled there was hardly any fuel in it and it was sitting in a hot showroom.[^]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2000 ZL580. Was it really due to water in the fuel? There is so much discussion about the throttle switch and plastic gaskets that I'm wondering if you had to replace/adjust anything to do with that ?

Anyone know what the offical Artic Cat fix is for these throttle switch gaskets/bushings, and what the throttle lever gap adjustment should be (and how to adjust it ) ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts