Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Here is my review of a 96 ZRT6

Has great power for a 600 (Most new twins finally make as much power), Heavy (relative since I ride a T-Cat) great lake racer for its size. Had a friend who had one and put an 1.5" track on it and it did pretty good in the deep stuff too.

My $.02

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
it is powerful. My cousin rode one for a while it killed my dad's 96 XCR 600 which was pretty much the samething but by Polaris. I mean KILLED! Suspension isn't modern but it gets you down the trails better then none.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I happen to have owned one for the last two years, so here's my two cents worth:
-powerband was very narrow until roller secondary was installed. This seemed to bring the sled to life.
-like most triples, torque is at mid-high range. A lot of twins will beat you off the line, but trust me, you'll be in front at the finish (and that's all that matters)
-as previously stated by others, lots of power. Mine is long tracked w/ 2" lugs and still GPS'd at 100mph. It was still pulling when I backed off.
-these are one of the most mod-friendly (is that a phrase?) engines ever put in a sled (it's a ZRT thing!)...these things have lots of potential...not uncommon to get 130+HP from these 600's just by bolting stuff on...the factory stated 118HP out of the crate...mine was dyno'd stock at 124HP! I added triple pipes and reeds and now over 130HP.
-inspect the motor mounts. They crack and there was a recall. I welded mine...after they cracked!
-relatively heavy, but rode very nice (mine has FoxShox package)...got lots of comments on the smoothness from other people that took it for a ride

Have fun!

Flange

·
Registered
614 Posts
Have 1 sitting in the garage, 1997 year. Stock with some clutch and gear work, 113 mph @ 2000 feet. If you want to go faster try V-FORCE and Flat slides. Good trail sled, just a bit rolly in the corners, takes air ok, but being heavy the landing are not the greatest. Don't be "afeared" of water. My Buddy's 99 xcsp 700 couldn't pull me. Last winter for this one, it will probably only see pavement the rest of its life.

"tie wrap it wide open"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts