Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
for me...Cans' sound great when they're on someone else's machine.
Let me explain, I've burrowed my buddy's MXZ 600 with a trail can...it was real cool for the first 30 minutes, after that it got real annoying and loud.
I still like the sound of them...but not on my sled....
Does this make any sence ?
I agree with everyhone else..if you're looking for performance.....spend you $ on something else.....If you want "bling" then a Can may be all you need/want..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Octane said:
MJay said:
^^^^Thats kind of a broad statement dont ya think? Areas where people ride on private land and trails that go through private property means cans arent a good idea. But not everyone rides those types of areas. Only reason trails get closed here is when new houses and roads get built over them.
It does depend where you ride, but loud cans also cause a lot of problems for snowmobiles with the non-snowmobilers.
If you have a bunch of sleds with loud cans annoying people who are nearby, the creates a bad imagine of us with non-snowmobilers.
I could see how a can would be OK if you ride in the backcountry where there is no one around for miles, but not everyone rides in the backcountry and you have a lot of people who think its cool to trailride with their tall handlebars, handguards, motocross helmets and loud cans; pretending they are snocross racers and in general annoying by constantly blipping the throttle because they think its cool. Those are the people who are a problem and those are the people whom I was referring to.
every one blips? their throttle, even my grandpa does on his old phazer, ahah

·
Registered
11 Posts
Octane said:
Not worth the money. You gain almost no performance. All they do is reduce weight and make more noise. If you want a loud sled, go for it, but all loud sleds do is lose trails.
If you want more performance, theres better investments out there than a can.
yeah, but they make you sound like you're going faster! [;)]

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Ok first of all it depends on what kind of can you buy..........SLP,D&D makes some relatively quite cans especially compared to Skinz, MBRP, and Sno-stuff. You won't notice they diference in power really.... Its not just the back country riders who want light sleds. Drag racers/ice racers want to lighten their sleds too. Better power/weight ratio so every pound counts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Weight savings is the only real gain. We've done a lot of testing on units for triples & 9 times out of ten, you actually lose performance/speed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It seems people are always trying to justify the worth of an exhaust can by whether or not it has any horsepower gain- no they don't, that's not what they are designed to do. Their purpose is to change the exhaust note and shave some weight over the larger, heavier stock muffler- that's it. Shorty windshields and bar risers don't give you any horspower gains either- nobody ever questions those. I have a DG can on my XLT and I think it makes that little triple sound amazing- not overly loud, just gives a little more crackle and slightly higher pitch to the exhaust. I don't like how some sleds sound with a loud can- like a buzz-saw. I think a lot depends on where you ride. If you're in a highly populated area or there are strict laws on modified exhausts in your area then a can or pipes are probably not the best idea. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that where I live. I like the sound of my can and I'm not bothering anyone else where I ride. Also I like the access I have to my chaincase without the huge stock muffler in the way. So are cans worth it? I think they are WAY overpriced- but if you can get a good deal I think they are a great upgrade. To me it's no different than running dual exhaust on your pickup- in my neck of the woods everyone runs dual exhaust on their trucks- just for the sound!

·
Registered
181 Posts
HAHA....in the everyday rat race of sleds out there I simply wanted something to turn heads, to make my stock 700RMK stand out a bit on the mountain. The -10lb weight difference is just a bonus....I mean C'mon....when you're sitting on the edge of a meadow eating lunch or taking a break, and you hear that BRAAAP out of the woods somewhere...that's just ORGASMIC.....but I'm a gearhead so.....

I say CAN it! If you don't like it...put the stock can back on and sell the "practically new" for 50% off and consider it a lesson learned. SNO-STUFF Rumble Pak's can be had for $169, not bad at all....

·
Registered
10 Posts
It seems to me that Bitcoin can be called the most popular financial instrument. The high volatility of tokens creates good potential for super-profits. Substantial capital turnover allows large traders to manipulate quotes to make a profit. Such activities are illegal in terms of the stock and commodity markets, however, on decentralized sites, market makers always use such strategies. Guys, what can you say about Best Cryptocurrency Exchange Platform - Buy, Sell and Exchange Crypto Ultra-Fast? Do you use it? Share your experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have the full slp exhaust on my m8. Sound is only slightly louder than stock. Nowhere near as loud as a rumble pack. I prefer being loud for safety reasons. If I can’t be seen I at least wanna be heard.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts