Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home tonight I decided not to take the dirt roads home ( like I usually do to avoid the cops ), and of course I get pulled over 25 feet from the next town over. Got a written warning for doing 68 in a 55. Are my insurance rates going to go up, or do I just get the 6 month probationary period?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I don't know the laws in Maine but here a warning don't do shit. Written or verbal. But it could be a different deal over there.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Same here, doesnt matter as long as its a warning and not a ticket.

Dont speed if you are that worried about your ins. going up.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A written warning usually is only stored in the police systems. Ins will not be affected whatsoever. However, if you get pulled over again, youre pretty much guaranteed a ticket, imo.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, he said if I get pulled over again my license is automatically revoked ( in the next 6 months ). That sucks. Summers here.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Yeah, he said if I get pulled over again my license is automatically revoked ( in the next 6 months ). That sucks. Summers here.
Did you just get your license or something?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5 1/2 months ago. I had 19 days to go before my 6 months was up.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Your insurance will go up with a ticket, I hate my states damn "no fault insurance"

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Just remember that you are the one in complete control over whether or not you lose your license. You made a decision and chose to drive 68 in a 55 zone. Lucky enough for you that you got by with just a warning. Now you have the opportunity to once again make a decision and chose to keep your license by obeying the traffic laws like everyone else or do something stupid and end up without a license.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I know. Next 6 months are going to be mostly slow. My town and a few of the surrounding towns dont even have a police force. For our entire county ( oxford county ), theres only a few sheriffs that patrol it and our county is pretty big.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Just do the speed limit, I got my first ticket about a month ago after 3 years of driving. So ya know what I do now? The speed limit. It took a speeding ticket for me to smarten up and not speed, but I learned my lesson I have court on May 11th and will try to get it reduced to a non moving violation but if I can't I'm not going to bitch and moan about it I was still at fault.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I got caught once at about 2am doing 76 on the highway. I think the cop was just bored so he pulled me over and gave me a written warning. I think he said something about them keeping the warnings on file for 6mo to 1yr and if I were to get caught again it would be a guaranteed ticket with no way out of it.

TRICKPaint said:
Insurance usually goes up any time points are added.
Ha ha, you have to deal with that stupid points system. One of the things I actually like about having "dual residency" is I still have my MN drivers license, so if I ever get caught for anything I don't get any points[:D]

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
powersledder said:
I got caught once at about 2am doing 76 on the highway. I think the cop was just bored so he pulled me over and gave me a written warning. I think he said something about them keeping the warnings on file for 6mo to 1yr and if I were to get caught again it would be a guaranteed ticket with no way out of it.

TRICKPaint said:
[highlight=yellow]Ha ha, you have to deal with that stupid points system. One of the things I actually like about having "dual residency" is I still have my MN drivers license, so if I ever get caught for anything I don't get any points[:D]
[/highlight=yellow]

Don't try to get away with that in WI. Non-residents are "arrested" for moving violations. That means they take you to the nearest courthouse where you have to post bond before being released. No money or credit card to post bond??? CLANG!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
picman said:
powersledder said:

TRICKPaint said:
[highlight=yellow]Ha ha, you have to deal with that stupid points system. One of the things I actually like about having "dual residency" is I still have my MN drivers license, so if I ever get caught for anything I don't get any points[:D]
[/highlight=yellow]

Don't try to get away with that in WI. Non-residents are "arrested" for moving violations. That means they take you to the nearest courthouse where you have to post bond before being released. No money or credit card to post bond??? CLANG!!!
That is how it works in Michigan as well. Once I got two warnings in one day... So much for records. Your insurance will not find out, not sure how that works since you just got your license. In the twelve years I have been driving, the new license laws seem to get tighter and tighter. So good luck on lightning the foot, cause I know I can't.

·
Registered
104 Posts
not to sound like a looser but man just do the speed limits and stuff. i got two speeding tickets in two weeks lost my licens for a month got points and now my insurance is crazy and what not.plus it is becoming harder to find a job i'm a ceritfied honda and yamaha tech but no one wants to pay the high price of insurance for me to test ride bikes because of my record and i'm only 20.. you have your sled to go fast on do it on that. i never knew how much a driving record could affect me.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I hate to admit it but I've had several warnings/tickets over my 15 years behind the wheel. Only once have they mentioned a previous warning though. That was for illegal tint though. I think the warning thing is a little more enforceable now that everything is computerized but before they didn't really amount to squat. And no, why the hell would a warning affect your ins rates. It's not a conviction. DuH!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sledneck1978 said:
I hate to admit it but I've had several warnings/tickets over my 15 years behind the wheel. Only once have they mentioned a previous warning though. That was for illegal tint though. I think the warning thing is a little more enforceable now that everything is computerized but before they didn't really amount to squat. And no, why the hell would a warning affect your ins rates. It's not a conviction. DuH!
I also re-read the warning ticket, and it says the speed limit was 50, when it was clearly 55 ( Road is 55mph 4 miles in each direction ).

But, I am glad I didnt get a ticket. And yes, everything is computerized now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
sledcrusher said:
sledneck1978 said:
I also re-read the warning ticket, and it says the speed limit was 50, when it was clearly 55 ( Road is 55mph 4 miles in each direction ).

But, I am glad I didnt get a ticket. And yes, everything is computerized now.

No nothing will go up and you wont lose your license. Ive gotten pulled over three times and im not 18 til this tuesday. Once for passing on a double yellow (racing my buddies) got a verbal warning. Loud exhaust on my truck which is totally legal got a sticker with it (written warnig) And i had a headlight out in my moms car when i was driving that and got a written warning. I had also had it a year before all this happened. But still Nothing went up.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Verbal warnings mean absolutely nothing. Plus, I hadn't had my license for a full 6 months.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts