Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm looking for a new truck. Not a new sled, not a new jet-ski, not a new bike, just a truck. So I put my sled on just to see what I could get. Well, a guy emails me saying hes very interested, gives me his number, then says he has $300 CASH! I told him I'd sell him the skis for $300, and he never emailed back. Are people seriously this ignorant nowadays?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
your '04 rev?
Probably just a scammer. or somebody is looking for the deal of the century- a lot of these people are at hay days

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was an 802 area code ( vermont ) so it makes sense that it was a guy thinking since it was sunk, it's worth so much less or something.

·
Registered
863 Posts
if you ever want to get rid of your sled for $300 sledcrusher, let me know. lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Will you take $350?

I just messing around, I hope the search for a truck works out for you. I'm curently looking for a 1997 and newer dodge dakota extended cab 4x4 v8.

By the way I saw your add the other day and was quite happy to see that you told people you sunk it. Its good to see some honest people out there.

·
Registered
863 Posts
nhrider said:
Will you take $350?

I just messing around, I hope the search for a truck works out for you. I'm curently looking for a 1997 and newer dodge dakota extended cab 4x4 v8.

By the way I saw your add the other day and was quite happy to see that you told people you sunk it. Its good to see some honest people out there.
could you post the link to his add?
props to you sledcrusher for being that honest.

·
Registered
480 Posts
http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/1813608352.html

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i had my dodge ram up for sale someone texted me and wanted to know if i would take 500 then someone els texted and wanted to know if i would take 100..i told them both to get a job

·
Registered
232 Posts
thats terrible some people really think that craiglist is a place to get stuff cheap, not a sled that new and nice sledcrusher.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I will give you $150, its water damaged.

Originally from Craigslist said:
Before you start reading all about it, please keep in mind this is an EXTREMELY fast sled, and if you put your inexperienced ( or even mildly experienced ) 13 year old son on it, he will end up dead.
That made my day coming from you.

·
Registered
567 Posts
srx_600 said:
I will give you $150, its water damaged.

Originally from Craigslist said:
Before you start reading all about it, please keep in mind this is an EXTREMELY fast sled, and if you put your inexperienced ( or even mildly experienced ) 13 year old son on it, he will end up dead.
That made my day coming from you.
you and me both

·
Registered
110 Posts
My buddy had an indy 500 for sale on craigslist for $900. A guy called him and offered to trade him a xbox 360 for it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You posted this in an open forum, so I'll give you my honest thoughts.

I avoid the long-winded ads, especially ones that tell me why I shouldn't buy it.

You're looking to trade a less than stock sled that you admit to using hard. The average person looking for a sled (or toy) on Craigslist probably won't trade anything good for a sled they know nothing about.

Get the water-skipping pic off, and try to take pics of the sled in a garage (or somewhere besides the ground)....even up on a pallet would be better.

Question: Why not fix up the Explorer you have? A timing chain isn't all that hard to do, even for a neophyte.

FWIW, I was looking to trade a vehicle for a sled last winter. I ended up trading a '95 Wrangler with a bunch of off-road goodies and new inspection sticker for 2 sleds. I traded one of them for a smaller sled for my son, and rode the other one. I would've skipped over your ad after reading the first part of it.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
someone offered me a lawnmower for my four place. Not even a rider, and I never mentioned anything bout trades. Sean, the guy who offered you the 3 bills is what we call a "track kicker"

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Cover it with monster stickers in the pics, it'll double the price of the offers you get...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts