Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying plastic skis, but first i want to know how durrable they are? what expereance have you had with them?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
C&A makes both White and Gray, not sure of the best place to buy them because I no longer run C&A'a but a lot of guys on here do they will be able to tell you were to get them at the best price!!!

DW

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have plastic skis on my 500 and metal on the 600. i vote plastic all the way, i feel they glide over the snow better (like less friction) and ive done jumps and hit trees and all that with the plastic skis on my sled, not a mark, not a dent, not a snap. i beleive they are very durable

·
Registered
359 Posts
I run the Skidoo double runner plastics on my cat, they work great. They flex and bounce off things. Very durable.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I bent one of my stock Arctic skis under a tilt trailer last year. Bent right back and just left a little crease. Replaced it anyway cause I like to keep my sled mint and the crease was staring me in the face everytime I looked at it.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Deffiantly plastic...You hit something with steel it bends, 9 times out of 10 with plastic it will move some but not break.
You have less vibrations/jarring felt through the bars also.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I put a set of plastic skis on my XLT last year off an '04 XC. Best damn upgrade I have ever done!

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
A good plastic ski is a definate upgrade for most any sled.

I went with C&A's on my ZR, and they were even a huge upgrade over the stock plastics. I got my C&A's (ADX model) from www.recstuff.com ...email 'em, deal with Doug, great guy. Gave me an unbeatable price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts