Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased these pipes off ebay and they where advertised as 96 680 ultra pipes. The pipes look stubbier than other psi pipes for ultras that I have seen,
I have to mod the small pipes that mount through the belly pan as I cannot close the shroud. thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Same pipes I have on my sled. Look in my gallery[thumb]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your pipes look like they stretch out further and are closer to the front of the sled than
mine . I cant tell how far yours go to back of sled , but mine are close to wiring with exit pipes on

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
serioussam said:
your pipes look like they stretch out further and are closer to the front of the sled than
mine . I cant tell how far yours go to back of sled , but mine are close to wiring with exit pipes on
I don't know what to tell ya, other than it looks like those pipes were cut, as far as the exit ends without the stinger attached it's tuff to tell on the wires. I do see that the pipes come reeeeal close to the mag cylinder head and the coolant hose like mine. You'll notice that I piend(dented)the pipe for the mag cylinder and wraped heat tape on coolant hose.
edit:The more I look at the exits and how close it is to the wires really leads me to believe those pipes were cut. I have alot more room than that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gto0209 said:
are the clamps for egt probes?
I think there were egt probes previous on the pipes , the clamps are blocking a small hole in each pipe.

ultrawillie said:
serioussam said:
I don't know what to tell ya, other than it looks like those pipes were cut, as far as the exit ends without the stinger attached it's tuff to tell on the wires. I do see that the pipes come reeeeal close to the mag cylinder head and the coolant hose like mine. You'll notice that I piend(dented)the pipe for the mag cylinder and wraped heat tape on coolant hose.
edit:The more I look at the exits and how close it is to the wires really leads me to believe those pipes were cut. I have alot more room than that.
thanks for your input Willie

does anyone know what the difference would be in the modblaster and stockblaster pipes
also would it be possible these pipes were for a 96 xcr600 sp

·
Registered
840 Posts
modblaster are made for engines that is more heavyly modded and stockblaster are made for sled that has a stock engines. WL

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
serioussam said:
gto0209 said:
I think there were egt probes previous on the pipes , the clamps are blocking a small hole in each pipe.

ultrawillie said:
serioussam said:

does anyone know what the difference would be in the modblaster and stockblaster pipes
You could put those pipes on an xcr600sp, or a 97 xps the thing is (and there is more to it) but you just end up with ALOT of room in the engine comparment. As far as, are they made for the xcr, the answer is no, remember agressive body vs wedge. PSI is a after market.

serioussam said:
gto0209 said:

looks like some one put those probes a long way out,

·
Registered
122 Posts
Those pipes don't have any extra welds one them from what I can see, nor do the joints already there look like they've been tampered with, they appear to be psi pipes for the sled.

·
Registered
591 Posts
ultrawillie said:
serioussam said:
gto0209 said:

ultrawillie said:
serioussam said:

You could put those pipes on an xcr600sp, or a 97 xps the thing is (and there is more to it) but you just end up with ALOT of room in the engine comparment. As far as, are they made for the xcr, the answer is no, remember agressive body vs wedge. PSI is a after market.

serioussam said:
gto0209 said:

looks like some one put those probes a long way out,
Aaen recomends 6 inches from the block on there analog probes, not sure on the digitals.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
mustange70 said:
Those pipes don't have any extra welds one them from what I can see, nor do the joints already there look like they've been tampered with, they appear to be psi pipes for the sled.
We can't see where the cuts and welds are because they were cut at the flanges. Had a nice chat with serioussam today about setting that thing up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts