Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting some reeds for my zrt. the sled has black magic pipes and black magic clutching, and a can.

i know a guy that'll sell me a set of used vforce3 reeds for under $100 and the petals seem good still. are they worth any performance?
would i be able to feel a difference? would i be better off with just new aftermarket reed petals on the stock cage?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
A person that works on our sleds sometimes at our local Arctic Cat dealership. He said that there isnt really any point on doing one performance mod because it isnt enough to notice the difference in power. He also said if you put a performance mod on, you should put a bunch of performance mods to notice the difference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes reeds will be noticable on a ZRT even by themselves. But also to do a true mod, you have to flow more air... The reeds will give you more crisp response, but very little hp gains. Add a can and now you can see something, add an air box and we get hp gains!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I agree with ^^^

V-force reeds are a great mod upgrade. In my Zrt i have a d&d can, Mod Air box, Reeds, and clutch work... Super Fun ride, Tripple Digits are always Fun[:D]

After buying your Reeds,do an air box mod, and i think you will see a significant difference in throttle response and Top End. The Black Magic pipes, can, and clutch kit is already a great set up, but with the V3's you will see a decent amount of power increase.

~SLEDHEADX69

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the airbox mod all about? what do i do to it????

·
Registered
764 Posts
yeah i'd like to know aobut the air box mod, and does it make removal and installation of the carbs any easier?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts