Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[blue]I've heard many times people saying that yamahas are way too heavy. Is that true?[/font=Comic Sans MS][/blue]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Depends on what sled. RX1 is heavy, '97sx 700 is not, SRX700 is a little heavier. All depends on what sled you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The Rx-1 is a tank, Snowest did there yearly mountain sled duals. They weighed all the sleds wet and the RX-1 came in at 704, damn that's heavy!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
alot of them are but thats just because they have some sense and still use tripples. The viper however rips, it weighs something like 481, not too shabby for a 700 triple. it's my dream sled.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Oh they're heavy alright! We call them moles cause they plow through the powder. We only have one Yammie rider left in our group..they are just way too heavy and Yamaha has done nothing to make them better...all the money got put into the RX-1. The RX-1 sounds like George Jetson's spaceship!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, of course it depends on what sled.. no, phazer is not heavy but generally... u nou!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think the closest to that would be my 97 tcat with a 1000 weights about 590lbs ,, filed with gas about 600,,what a cow

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Yamahas are "heavy" compared to most "light wieght twins" but it is all relative to what you ride now. For me all but the RX-1 are light sleds. The biggest complaint I have heard from my Yamaha buddies is the amount of $ you have to spend to get the performance out of them. (Since they come with a 3 yr warranty the are pretty detuned from the factory IMO) not looking to cause problems. They can be made into some real nice sleds but you have to spend quite a bit of cash to do it. If you don't intend to tinker with your sled and just want to ride it Yamaha's would be fine.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have friends that ride yamaha and they always start and they don't have any trouble with them. They just like to ride and leave everything stock, so I guess it's what you want out of a sled. If reliability is a key concern I say Yamaha is a good way to go.

·
Registered
506 Posts
no tinkerability?

knapps @ BIR
8.57 @ 162mph

I beg to differ, somebody know those numbers, 'cause those ones are just off the top of my head, but it's something in that range

·
Registered
32 Posts
I read in Snow Tech magazine that the RX1 weighed 604. They drain the gas and oil out before they weigh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts